Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: When to take course relative to the test date?  (Read 492 times)

anyoneanywhere90

• View Profile
When to take course relative to the test date?
« on: October 29, 2008, 03:05:06 AM »
I'm considering taking the June 2009 LSAT and I'm worrying about burnout...not sure if now is too soon to start studying.

Which is better?: to take an LSAT course in January and study up through June, or start studying solo in January and then take an LSAT course in the spring, right before the June test.

My concern is that I want to make sure I implement the tricks I learn from the course with sufficient time to be ready for the test.  Is it crazy to start studying now for the June test?  I have my friend's old PowerScore books from a few years back to study from.

pasm

• AOL Instant Messenger - thexflamesxburn
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: When to take course relative to the test date?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 12:07:45 AM »
as soon as possible. start studying now. take the class at the next available moment. continue studying after. it is not crazy at all to start studying now, in fact its smart. i took a class oct - dec 07, signed up for dec 07 lsat, cancelled it, continued studying and took it oct 08.
Stony Brook University 2009
BS in Finance and Economics
GPA: 3.55 (3.64)
LSAT: retake in Dec.

LSN

eudaemonist

• Its totally inappropriate, lewd, lascivious..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 03:49:47 AM »
Yeah, I am taking the June 09 as well and I see nothing but advantage in starting studying now. I have all the Powerscore material and there is a lot to cover. To fully absorb all the techniques till they become second nature will take a considerable investment of time, for myself anyways.

I plan to go through each book several times and keep practicing my techniques on sections of the prep tests, also taking full length tests whenever I have time. I am saving my 10 newest prep tests for the month leading up to the exam.

Someone on here mentioned making a compilation of the hardest LSAT questions from all your prep tests and studying those. Great idea which I have started.

Plenty of time means plenty of opportunity to focus in your weaknesses and eliminate them.

Kantian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 03:23:38 PM »
I'm considering taking the June 2009 LSAT and I'm worrying about burnout...not sure if now is too soon to start studying.

Which is better?: to take an LSAT course in January and study up through June, or start studying solo in January and then take an LSAT course in the spring, right before the June test.

My concern is that I want to make sure I implement the tricks I learn from the course with sufficient time to be ready for the test.  Is it crazy to start studying now for the June test?  I have my friend's old PowerScore books from a few years back to study from.

there's no such thing as starting too soon. I'd recommend taking the course at earliest convenience. Courses are never enough to reach your full potential. You need to study on your own. Get the techniques down and start studying on your own as much as you can.

kathy22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 12:47:51 AM »
as soon as possible. start studying now. take the class at the next available moment. continue studying after. it is not crazy at all to start studying now, in fact its smart. i took a class oct - dec 07, signed up for dec 07 lsat, cancelled it, continued studying and took it oct 08.

agreed - I started studying in August and I think I'm going to take the Feb exam.