Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: which angle is best?  (Read 668 times)

big east boy

• View Profile
which angle is best?
« on: October 28, 2008, 06:54:07 PM »
I don't want to clutter my ps with too much information about my life and reading over some statements it seems that a narrower focus leads to a better read.  That being said I was wondering which angle I should focus on.  Heres the list:

-Non-trad (27)
-returned to school at 23
-engaged and live in house with fiancee which we are currently fixing up
-semester abroad, London
-internship at a legal aid which turned me on to law (I like the idea of helping the disadvantaged)
-worked throughout school (no exciting jobs though)
-solo back packing trip through Europe in summer of 2002
-all-around swell guy

Sorry, but this is as exciting as my life gets...and yes, I am aware that it is a bummer.  Thanks in advance for any imput as to which way I should go with this thing.

TimMitchell

Re: which angle is best?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 06:56:12 PM »
Being a non-trade, going back to school and working through school should be the focus. Mentioning the legal aid may be halpful, and you want to make sure they know you're a swell guy  ;). I doubt the study abroad stuff really means anything

sockwok

• newbie on a mission to beat the LSAT!
    • View Profile
Re: which angle is best?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 08:32:13 PM »
I don't want to clutter my ps with too much information about my life and reading over some statements it seems that a narrower focus leads to a better read.  That being said I was wondering which angle I should focus on.  Heres the list:

-Non-trad (27)
-returned to school at 23
-engaged and live in house with fiancee which we are currently fixing up
-semester abroad, London
-internship at a legal aid which turned me on to law (I like the idea of helping the disadvantaged)
-worked throughout school (no exciting jobs though)
-solo back packing trip through Europe in summer of 2002
-all-around swell guy

Sorry, but this is as exciting as my life gets...and yes, I am aware that it is a bummer.  Thanks in advance for any imput as to which way I should go with this thing.

Hi,

I have a similar background:
-non-trad (28)
-attended an all-girls boarding high school
-moved out my mother's home at age 18
-worked through college(ended with a 3.0 GPA/2.98 LSAC)
-took a 2yr break due to financial aid trouble then went back to college
-work in the financial business
-solo trip to Europe last year

i find it easier to talk about how I lived alone from a young age and worked through school but to me it sounds boring...any ideas on how to make it an exciting read that will make the admissions reps understand that I am the well-rounded student they are looking for (as they say they are!)?