Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

What school is in the city with the best pizza in the T-14?

Yale
Columbia/NYU
Chicago/Northwestern
Berkeley
Other

Author Topic: Best Pizza in T-14  (Read 3371 times)

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
Re: Best Pizza in T-14
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 12:17:25 PM »
Pizza in Philly is awful.  Sorry, TimMitchell. 

I'm with Mugatu -- Cheeseboard pizza is my favorite pizza ever.  Might even be worth putting up with all the hippies at Boalt for.  ;)
UPenn '10

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 12:40:58 PM »
Apizza is not that different. It's just thin-crust and, y'know, really good. I used to be a Pepe's devotee, but honestly, the one that really has a soft spot in my heart is Modern. It's so Your Neighborhood Pizza Place On Awesomeness Steroids. Amazing pizza, Newcastle pitchers, line not very long. Maybe not the first place I'd take a tourist, but certainly my favorite place as a resident.

Pam: Lorenzo's on South. Plain slices only, no seating. You stand at a counter in a weird little mirrored room in the back and shove hot pizza into your mouth. It's really, really good. Very much street food, and not quite "going out for pizza," though. But certainly worth a try if you're on South St. anyway (as you might well be, what with Halloween coming up). Oh, and also people love Tacconelli's. I've never been, and I find the concept of reserving one's dough to be pretty obnoxious, but if you're dying for good pizza, then apparently that is where you should go.

Oh, and I voted New Haven. Obvi.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 12:43:57 PM »
I grew up a Pepe's devotee, but then finally had Sally's as an adult.  Was completely converted.  I've heard awesome things about Modern - I don't expect I'll get a chance to try it this cycle (or within the next three years) but if the opportunity arises...
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

TimMitchell

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 02:12:31 PM »
Pizza in Philly is awful.  Sorry, TimMitchell. 

I'm with Mugatu -- Cheeseboard pizza is my favorite pizza ever.  Might even be worth putting up with all the hippies at Boalt for.  ;)

Damn it! Well, come to Delaware and get some Grottos

angiej

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 02:28:52 PM »
If any of you go to Notre Dame (I live near S.B.), you must try Colombos, which is in Elkhart, (20 mins east of Notre Dame off the U.S. 20 bypass).  It is amaaaaazing!  Another good place is Politos, which recently burned down but the owner's just picked everything up and started all over again. Here's an article about it:

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/26429164.html?corder=reverse

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 03:35:22 PM »
I grew up a Pepe's devotee, but then finally had Sally's as an adult.  Was completely converted.  I've heard awesome things about Modern - I don't expect I'll get a chance to try it this cycle (or within the next three years) but if the opportunity arises...

It like totally takes away my cred when I say that I don't think Pepe's and Sally's are that different, but I'll say it anyway.
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 03:45:58 PM »
I voted Chicago, obviously, but, to be honest, I hate pizza.  Always have.  People think I'm strange.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 03:51:41 PM »
Chicago deep dish is amazing.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »
I voted Chicago, obviously, but, to be honest, I hate pizza.  Always have.  People think I'm strange.

Uh, I don't think that's the only reason, Wally.   ::)

It like totally takes away my cred when I say that I don't think Pepe's and Sally's are that different, but I'll say it anyway.

I really don't think there's that much difference, except for the clam pizza.  But then, I grew up clamming, so have a special affinity for the critters and their combination with olive oil, oregano, garlic and cheese.  Sally's makes it an art form.  :D
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 08:28:02 PM »

Uh, I don't think that's the only reason, Wally.   ::)

I really don't think there's that much difference, except for the clam pizza.  But then, I grew up clamming, so have a special affinity for the critters and their combination with olive oil, oregano, garlic and cheese.  Sally's makes it an art form.  :D

you should've moved to barcelona.  this kind of *&^% was everywhere.

It still may be an option for the spring.

Prodigal Spouse heads to Cairo tomorrow.  Any travel suggestions?

space for rent.