Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In being non orginal, and purely for fun can someone try to guess which schools  (Read 870 times)

wvu10is

• View Profile
I will be accepted and denied/ waitlisted?

UGPA 3.58
LSAT 155
Grad school 3.74
2.5 years of full time employment
division I athlete

Catholic, Part-time
Utah, Full time
Lewis & Clark, PT
Oregon, FT
Hawaii, PT
Saint Louis, PT
Houston, PT

I realize there is LSN, Chiasu, and LSAC so I know my relative chances, however it would be nice to know how others feel about it, thanks!

wvu10is

• View Profile
Wow, that reply was very uninsightful. I am just trying to have some fun with this. Oh well any other takers?

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

UGPA 3.58
LSAT 155
Grad school 3.74
division I athlete

Catholic, Part-time
Utah, Full time
Lewis & Clark, PT
Oregon, FT
Hawaii, PT
Saint Louis, PT
Houston, PT

I realize there is LSN, Chiasu, and LSAC so I know my relative chances, however it would be nice to know how others feel about it, thanks!

The sites you listed are going to give you far better feedback than any message board poster.  You should already have a pretty good idea of your chances at those schools if you've checked all of those.  Put a lot of effort into your apps and get them in early to give yourself the very best shot.

Dot, just use the 8 ball that you forever shut me out of Yale with ;)

Imperial Russian Stout!

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Evil Stork!
    • View Profile
Not to be a male private part, because I assure you that I'm not a moron that thinks a 165 is a bad score, but...

Have you thought of retaking the LSAT?  Improving a 155 with some work is very very doable.

Captain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
Screw it... it's been a while, I'll play:

Accepted:
Catholic, PT
Utah
Hawaii
St. Louis

Rejected:
Lewis & Clark
Houston

Waitlist:
Oregon

This is entirely random. No research was done, and I made my choices based on ignorance and gut feelings (just like the average voter! Thanks Mr. Spielberg!)

UGPA 3.58
LSAT 155
Grad school 3.74
division I athlete

Catholic, Part-time
Utah, Full time
Lewis & Clark, PT
Oregon, FT
Hawaii, PT
Saint Louis, PT
Houston, PT

VIP.

wvu10is

• View Profile
Thanks for the input captain.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 09:02:41 PM »
I would not be that upset if that were the outcome. Anyone else?

Clayton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Same rejections as above, but I think you would be waitlisted at more than just Oregon.
Possibly rejected at Oregon.

155 is very borderline.

wvu10is

• View Profile
155 is indeed borderline. The reason I started this thread is statisically I have between a 40% and 60% (if using LSN, LSAC calculators)of getting in these schools using the hard numbers. More or less they are all coin flips with some exceptions. None of them are really reaches (what I would consider a reach which is less than a 1 in 3 chance of getting in) I am applying to all the schools part-time except for Utah and Oregon which do not have part time programs. I am afraid you are probably right clayton, there will be more than one waitlist, which will drive me nuts.