Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitinnnng. I knew this part would suck.  (Read 1262 times)

kennedyposter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Waitinnnng. I knew this part would suck.
« on: October 27, 2008, 09:21:10 PM »
I have seriously slow recommenders. Is it bad if I'm not able to send in my apps until middle of november? I'm not looking to go to an ivy (obviously, my numbers are 3.15/161). Will it seriously hurt me at lower tier 1 to mid tier 2 schools? i've heard getting them out by thanksgiving is ok but confirmation on that will lessen my chances of developing stomach ulcers within the next few weeks.

hitmon33

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Waitinnnng. I knew this part would suck.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 04:59:14 PM »
You should be fine for mid-November.  No worries dude.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 07:21:11 PM »
You will be fine.  I got apps in after the new year last year and still got $.  If you're still applying to target schools, you'll be golden.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

SouthernElle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 09:50:56 PM »
If you're really freaking out, you might want to consider asking them to get them in a little earlier than you originally asked. It was making me SO anxious to wait that I politely told my recommenders I was worried about getting my stuff in early, and none of them had a problem with it. You also might want to have them fax their letters to LSAC, since it usually gets processed within a day. Be careful with this, though, since several of mine got lost this way and had to be re-faxed later.