Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: timing of offer  (Read 1733 times)

antwan

• View Profile
    • Email
timing of offer
« on: October 27, 2008, 04:21:02 PM »
Currently Int. App. Ct. I interviewed with a few large firms over past month haven't heard anything. Format was "call-back" style. I have a few questions, first, any truth to the notion that if an offer doesn't come right away, like withing a week or two, that you're a reject? Anyone ever heard of an offer coming weeks or even months after? Also, I know this is rediculous, but, do firm offers always come by phone? Any particular time of day?

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: timing of offer
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:25:28 PM »
If it's been weeks, this late in the game, it's likely over.  E-mail and follow-up.

AFever

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 09:20:19 PM »
Just got an offer at my top choice firm over a month after the callback. However, the firm is rather well known for taking its time. I assume this is an interview for an associate position rather than a summer associate position? If that's the case, then I think that it often takes a little longer because they don't have as many slots to fill, so they're more likely to be comparing you against all other applicants rather than just filling in the slots as they go.

So, don't necessarily give up!

comatose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 06:12:30 PM »
hi ikhorgan,

would you mind elaborating? i'm a little confused. are you a 2L interviewing for a summer job or a 3L interviewing for an associate position after graduation? 

AFever

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 09:16:57 PM »
3L interviewing for post-grad associate position. I'm not sure about the original poster's sitch though.