Law School Discussion

No Longer Care About Being Called On -- Normal?

No Longer Care About Being Called On -- Normal?
« on: October 27, 2008, 10:59:54 AM »
I just don't care anymore.  Bad answer, good answer, professors can call on me and I'll do my best and just not care.  I'm totally apathetic about class participation, and even class discussion.  I spend most of my time in the library afterward, studying my ass off, making outlines, and working through hornbooks.

Re: No Longer Care About Being Called On -- Normal?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 11:07:17 AM »
Your participation has no impact on your grade, right? So who cares if you answer correctly? Let your classmates think you're dumb.

Matthies

• View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 11:33:43 AM »
Donít burn yourself out, and donít focus on the tress and not the forest, the BLL is the easy stuff, and its easy to get too focused on that that you miss the ďthinking like a lawyer partĒ they donít teach you but you have to learn on your own through osmosis. Iím not one for paying attention in class myself, but if you donít get the Ďreasoningí from reading the cases itís easy to miss the real point of doing so if you donít follow the profs lead. The BLL is not why youíre reading the cases in the order they are in the casebook.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 10:02:24 PM »
I just don't care anymore.  Bad answer, good answer, professors can call on me and I'll do my best and just not care.  I'm totally apathetic about class participation, and even class discussion.  I spend most of my time in the library afterward, studying my ass off, making outlines, and working through hornbooks.

I am right there with you. So you get called on? BFD. It all boils down to the final.

Ninja1

• ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 11:58:04 PM »

Cosigned. @#!* the dumb *&^%. I do my reading and if that's not good enough, then @#!* it.