Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Studying while in school  (Read 742 times)

nooyyllib

Studying while in school
« on: October 27, 2008, 11:21:30 AM »
Hey guys, I've been trying to study during school and its really not working as well as i planned.  do you guys have any recommendations? methods you guys used when you were in school?

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Studying while in school
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 11:26:11 AM »
I studied while I was both in school full time and working 25 hrs/week. The key is to maximize your time - those 30 minutes in between classes should be spent doing problem sets, you should eat your dinner and do a logic game, etc. Doesn't matter if they're random and untimed question sets, as long as you are getting practice in. If you tell yourself that you can only study when you have blocks of 2 or 3 hours, nothing will ever get done.

tony_rocky_horror

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 12:00:22 PM »
I studied while I was both in school full time and working 25 hrs/week. The key is to maximize your time - those 30 minutes in between classes should be spent doing problem sets, you should eat your dinner and do a logic game, etc. Doesn't matter if they're random and untimed question sets, as long as you are getting practice in. If you tell yourself that you can only study when you have blocks of 2 or 3 hours, nothing will ever get done.

I can beat that. I work full time, take 3 classes, have a wife and do volunteer work. It sucks but you have to just make time, weekends, before bed, early am...there is no secret, just make a schedule and stick to it

Apple Tree

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 12:29:04 PM »
I kinda have the same problem. I'm working full time and taking 4 classes now. I make studying LSAT a priority, but it's still hard sometimes, especially when school projects are due or work gets busy. I try to do as much homework as I can at work so I can spend my time outside of work and school on LSAT. I'd like to hear some other people's good advice.

nooyyllib

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 11:33:28 AM »
wow i thought i was busy lol  i guess i am spoiled.

thanks for your advice on studying between classes and trying to cram in even one question.  My test date isnt till next june but I will definately try to take your advice and cram between classes and such.

if there are any other methods, id appreciate it!. Thanks!

kathy22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 12:43:54 AM »
I'm in school and studying, but I might push back and just take it in Feb.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 01:37:21 AM »

I can beat that. I work full time, take 3 classes, have a wife and do volunteer work. It sucks but you have to just make time, weekends, before bed, early am...there is no secret, just make a schedule and stick to it

This brings me to my first point. If you're in a relationship, end it.  :)

Actually, I just agree with Rasputin (heartbreaker?) Do a game on the bus/train/between classes, anytime you get a few minutes. I did SuperPrep while eating lunch in a dining hall (worked full time + full time school.) There are 24 hours in every day. I surprised myself in how much I was able to get done.