Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rate Chicago Law Schoools?  (Read 2616 times)

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rate Chicago Law Schoools?
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 04:39:27 PM »
Sorry.  I'm under a lot of stress to do well, and I'm not very happy with my social life or housing.

Stress less.  You'll be more successful that way.

Do NOT stress out about stressing less.

lol
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 04:45:42 PM »
You sure seem to come across as a smug little sh*t quite often on LSD.  You're probably a little prick in person too.  Wonder why your social life sucks? 

Oh hey, that's unnecessary too!

Love,

The Necessity Police

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 05:02:11 PM »
Sorry.  I'm under a lot of stress to do well, and I'm not very happy with my social life or housing.

Stress less.  You'll be more successful that way.

Do NOT stress out about stressing less.

This is really good advice from those that have been there before you. Stressing about grades has a negative impact on your performance. I know its easier said than done, but try you best not to set yourself for more stress than you need to. Grades will be what they will be, and they will be better if you donít constantly worry about them. Iíve seen people stand up, walk out of an exam, and throw up. That does not positively affect your GPA. Study to the point your confidant in your abilities, but know when to say when and when youíre stressing for stresses sake. Law school will turn you into a bitter a-hole if you let it, donít, because itís very hard to get back to be a nice person again.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 05:11:12 PM »
hipcat's right, if you look at page three of this link http://www.law.com/img/nlj/charts/composite.pdf you can that Loyola does a lot better then both Kent and Depaul at getting their grads in to biglaw.

you can also see the UChicago wipes the floor with the rest.

FFS Wally, what has gotten into you? This is totally unnecessary.

I d-dubbed.

i knew you shouldn't have picked new grad! also it's way too early to freak out yet. you've already started your outlines unlike 95% of your classmates (i hope, unless the entire 1L class is nutso). and for the bazillionth time, unless you want cravath, grades are not super important here.

anecdotally to the OP, i think depaul might be slightly strongest. but you're going to have to place pretty well at all of those schools and do some legwork if you want big law (but you have to do that at most places).

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 03:13:55 PM »
i knew you shouldn't have picked new grad! also it's way too early to freak out yet. you've already started your outlines unlike 95% of your classmates (i hope, unless the entire 1L class is nutso). and for the bazillionth time, unless you want cravath, grades are not super important here.

^^ She is wise. Take this advice. Also, new grad is terrible, if you like having your own space, or enjoy living in some place vaguely livable.