Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rate Chicago Law Schoools?  (Read 2651 times)

ds

• View Profile
Rate Chicago Law Schoools?
« on: October 26, 2008, 10:34:43 AM »
Every thread I've read about the Chicago law schools contains conflicting information. Someone says a Kent grad is better off than a Loyola grad while someone says a DePaul grad has a slight edge on a Loyola grad. Though we all know the 1 & 2 schools are nw and uofc..where do the rest of the schools fall? Mainly concerned with job prospects in Chicago after graduation.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rate Chicago Law Schoools?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 12:38:15 PM »
The 1 school is Chicago, not Northwestern, though the latter arguably has a stronger alumni network because it feeds almost entirely back into Chicago.  Still, Chicago Law dominates Chicago in the same way that Harvard dominates Boston and UVa dominates DC.

If you're interested in hearsay, DePaul has a strong network in the suburbs.  My good friend from there told me that, when she applied to schools, she got the sense that DePaul has the right combination of alumni network and name recognition for decent placement.

Honestly, I don't think you should split hairs.  I would be more focused on scholarship money.

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 09:02:05 PM »
Basically all three are equal in Chicago, they all place 80+% in Chicago so focus on your debt and the feeling you get when you visit.

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 10:26:39 AM »
hipcat's right, if you look at page three of this link http://www.law.com/img/nlj/charts/composite.pdf you can that Loyola does a lot better then both Kent and Depaul at getting their grads in to biglaw.

isustudent

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 03:01:05 PM »
Unless you mean you want to go to school in Chicago, as opposed to just getting a job there, U of Illinois and Notre Dame are worth a look.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 03:07:59 PM »
hipcat's right, if you look at page three of this link http://www.law.com/img/nlj/charts/composite.pdf you can that Loyola does a lot better then both Kent and Depaul at getting their grads in to biglaw.

you can also see the UChicago wipes the floor with the rest.

FFS Wally, what has gotten into you? This is totally unnecessary.

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 04:13:16 PM »
*nods and looks disapprovingly at Walls*
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 04:29:58 PM »

you can also see the UChicago wipes the floor with the rest.

FFS Wally, what has gotten into you? This is totally unnecessary.

Sorry.  I'm under a lot of stress to do well, and I'm not very happy with my social life or housing.

I d-dubbed.

TheBreadWinner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »
You sure seem to come across as a smug little sh*t quite often on LSD.  You're probably a little prick in person too.  Wonder why your social life sucks? 
íMe cago en la leche!

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 04:37:07 PM »
You sure seem to come across as a smug little sh*t quite often on LSD.  You're probably a little prick in person too.  Wonder why your social life sucks? 

He said he was sorry. Lay off. He's our Wally and we love him.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.