Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BU vs. BC  (Read 8126 times)

convicted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: BU vs. BC
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 11:42:20 AM »
At this point, I am pretty sure I'd rather go to BU or BC than Fordham. So, their final decision isn't awfully consequential for me.

But if I get into Cornell, well -- because of the ranking, I think I'd rather take them than the Bostons. But, that's not written in stone. I am really anxious to get off their waiting list, in addition to Georgetown (also waitlisted me).

I'm also waiting to hear from Michigan and Northwestern who haven't told me anything yet. But, if the final answer is no from Michigan, Northwestern, Georgetown, and Cornell -- I'm pretty sure I'm Boston-bound (BU vs. BC I still have no idea).

What are your preferences at this point? And for what reasons? You may help me make up my own mind.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 11:48:27 AM »
I'm going to fill out my needaccess before giving Cornell my deposit check, but let's just say I already have the check written.  Cornell was a dream school for me for years.  My family is in Syracuse and Ithaca, so it is pretty much the perfect school for me (not to mention it's a great school). 

If I had to choose between BU, BC, and Fordham, I would see which school gave me the most money.  BU historically gives a lot of money, and it's a great school.  BC has the best campus of the three, but is probably in the worst location of the three (fairly far from Boston proper).  I would probably choose between Fordham and BU, and probably choose BU.  Tough call though.
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

JamieB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 09:09:44 PM »
you should visit.  BU is a dump.  BC's campus is amazing.  Don't focus on the rankings, last time I checked a couple cycles ago I think BU was on top by a bit.  USNews rankings are good to get an idea of where to go but is not the bible.

BC has a HUGE alumni.  All over america, you'll find more BC grads then BU grads.  Employers in the MA, D.C., NY, NJ, PA, area consider BU and BC the same. 

If you go to BU you'll hate your 3 years.  If you go to BC you'll love it.  Simple huh.

MrDiggler

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 10:23:50 PM »
Are you seriously advancing the argument that they should consider the law school buildings over the respective rankings?
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
You're ~hot, therefore you're ~fly

convicted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 04:04:20 AM »
Well. I'd prefer to be in the city than the suburbs, like BC is.

Also, I've spent the past three months traveling in post-Communist countries. You might say I'm a little used to dilapidation. I really doubt the BU building is going to be worse than what I've been in the past few months -- and it hasn't bothered me at all.

Is there any reason other than the quality of the building why you think BC is preferable?