Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does anyone else have similar numbers as me?  (Read 769 times)

lunagirl

• View Profile
Does anyone else have similar numbers as me?
« on: October 25, 2008, 10:34:26 AM »
Is there anyone else in my boat? I got 155 on October LSAT, which is lower than my lowest diagnostics, with average being 162. My GPA is 3.95 and I have very strong personal statement and 2 good academic recommendations.
Like most of us here, there is 3 choices for me: 1 Give up law school all together? Well, it was my dream.
2. Keep whatever I got and apply? I feel its gonna shot the door of too many good schools for me.
3. Retake it in December? I know there good chances for me to get better score because I bombed Oct. test from being to nervous and couldn't get my thoughts together until forth section. But even if I do better, It's gonna be late application which decreases my admission chances and practically prevents from receiving any financial aid.
Just want to know if there anyone else in the same position as me with similar numbers. What are going to do guys? I will really appreciate any input!!!

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Does anyone else have similar numbers as me?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 10:48:59 AM »
If you want to be a lawyer then go to law school. If you only want to be a lawyer if you go to a top school, then donít. Its not worth the effort for the later. You can go to law school with a 155 and you can be successful and you can get a decent job as a lawyer from a school that will take you. Its just going to take more personal effort on your part than if you went to a t14. Most working lawyers donít work in biglaw and did not go to t14 schools. Focus on picking a school in a market that is not too saturated, that is in a bigger city, in a place you want to live, then go and do your best in law school and be proactive about your job search. Think about going PT to minimize debt and get legal experience as you go through law school.  It will work out if you put the effort in, it wonít if you donít.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

stl1622dc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 12:27:12 PM »
Why not retake next year and apply next cycle?  That's what I did.

CarliRose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 03:05:13 PM »
Personally, I think you should take the LSAT again.

For what its worth, my last LSAT scores were 155 and 156- good enough to get into SOME law schools, but not the ones I wanted (Villanova, Temple, Drexel, etc.)

I took a year off and took the LSAT again in Oct. for the hell of it. I didn't study more than a few hours. Because I had already taken it a few times, I was way more relaxed- and got a 161. On this particular website, that score might not seem super-impressive. However, for me, its the difference between settling for a T3 or T4 and getting into a great T2. I now have a good shot of getting into my once "reach schools."

You have a stellar GPA and I think taking the LSAT once more and bumping your score a few points could make all the difference. Good luck!!!
LSAT: 161
GPA: crummy, thanks for asking.

In: Drexel $, Widener $
Pending: Temple, Villanova

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 04:27:13 PM »
Like most of us here, there is 3 choices for me:
1 Give up law school all together?
2. Keep whatever I got and apply?
3. Retake it in December?

Seems like I saw a thread like this before...