Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OFFICIAL "OMG Should I Retake, Apply, or Give Up and Become a Fry Cook?" Thread  (Read 5694 times)

pasm

• AOL Instant Messenger - thexflamesxburn
    • View Profile
    • Email
[just got my lsat score] and it is significantly lower than i practiced. signed up for dec. i really didn't want to take it again but i guess i have no choice.

who else is in the same boat?

--post edited by EC
Stony Brook University 2009
BS in Finance and Economics
GPA: 3.55 (3.64)
LSAT: retake in Dec.

LSN

kormybear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I got a 164 last year after practicing at about 165.  I was getting 170 consistently before I retook this year, and got a 161.  How bad does this look to add comms?

kormybear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
ok i posted this but it messed up (Like I did on the LSAT) and now it is not letting me modify my post.  Anyway....

What do I do now?  I wasted hundreds of hours prepping for this retake, only to lower my score, after getting better (based on my practice tests) at taking the test.  How much worse off am I now that I retook and got lower?  How bad does it look?

The Stranger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tough break kormybear. Based on your scoring band it appears that you really cannot do any worse than a 161. Are you going to retake again December?

Snowdrifter

• Planning to begin 1L in Fall 2009
    • View Profile
I was practicing at a 167-176 range and I got a 160. I am pretty mortified, but I guess, with a 2.9 GPA, my only option is to retake in December and then try to apply after that.

The Stranger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I was practicing at a 167-176 range and I got a 160. I am pretty mortified, but I guess, with a 2.9 GPA, my only option is to retake in December and then try to apply after that.
How did you feel after taking the test? I am surprised you both did not cancel; LSAT test takers are usually clairvoyant enough to know how they did.

Once again, I think you should both retake, score within your usual range, and then explain to the ad coms that you just had a bad day in Oct. Good luck

Snowdrifter

• Planning to begin 1L in Fall 2009
    • View Profile
How did you feel after taking the test? I am surprised you both did not cancel; LSAT test takers are usually clairvoyant enough to know how they did.

I had a bad feeling about it, but I was hoping that it was at least at the lower end of my range, because I really didn't want to wait and take another one...I guess I should have listened to the little voice.

cavili

• View Profile
I'm already sending job applications off to McDonald's and Burger King. i just hope they don't ask about my LSAT score, 'cause if they find out, even THEY won't take me.

Excuse me while I go kill myself.

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I bombed too, I can't believe my score. I did 5 points worse than my worst prep test. I paid for the december retake. I'm still in shock.

clde

• View Profile
what if this was it...
what if this was your second lsat and you did worse than your 1st lsat

i dont know what to do...

i dont understand why it happened...i dont know what else i could do
what other class i could take or how many more hours i can spend...

all the letters of rec are in ..most of the apps are sent

at the lsac forum all the school recruiters said if you are going to take it again you best get a better score..
so now what?

:-[