Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted 08/09  (Read 185538 times)

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted 08/09
« Reply #770 on: December 13, 2008, 03:55:56 PM »
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #771 on: December 13, 2008, 06:04:44 PM »
In at Wash & Lee, also got money at Tulane (60K) and Pitt (36K). At this rate, my cycle will be over in about a week. The Pitt money throws them out of the mix, though, because in state tuition at Pitt is 23K/year, (in state tuition in PA is one of the highest in the country), and with the scholarship I would still pay about 33K overall. At Ohio state, I can pay 50K overall without a scholarship (which i'm hoping to get, btw) and have the same placement in my region of Pennsylvania, for the most part, as well as a much better regional reach. I really like Pitt, so it kinda sucks.

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #772 on: December 13, 2008, 06:17:14 PM »
Congrats bloom and CM
Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 13, 2008, 06:36:26 PM »
Congrats on the cash, Bloom.

Are you going to wait and see what you get from OSU and possibly negotiate with Pitt?
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #774 on: December 13, 2008, 06:39:47 PM »
Congrats on the cash, Bloom.

Are you going to wait and see what you get from OSU and possibly negotiate with Pitt?

Yeah, I am. I know I probably won't go there in the end, but Pitt is like Gold in my home city, and it seems outside of the t14, Pitt might be the best. I doubt it will work. I mean, the only way Pitt could be in the running is if they give a full ride, and I doubt it will happen. It didn't happen to anyone last year. And there is a decent shot at close to that from OSU.

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 13, 2008, 07:33:35 PM »
In at Wash & Lee, also got money at Tulane (60K) and Pitt (36K). At this rate, my cycle will be over in about a week. The Pitt money throws them out of the mix, though, because in state tuition at Pitt is 23K/year, (in state tuition in PA is one of the highest in the country), and with the scholarship I would still pay about 33K overall. At Ohio state, I can pay 50K overall without a scholarship (which i'm hoping to get, btw) and have the same placement in my region of Pennsylvania, for the most part, as well as a much better regional reach. I really like Pitt, so it kinda sucks.

Damn bloom.  Your cycle is giving me cycle-envy.

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #776 on: December 13, 2008, 10:46:42 PM »

Damn bloom.  Your cycle is giving me cycle-envy.

All you have to do is bring up overlapping decision, and you win. These are all schools that anyone with our numbers would expect to get into. I just applied really early.

becca87

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 14, 2008, 01:38:12 PM »
My Michigan status checker changed to decision last night, and I'm able to log into the Admitted Students page :) :) :)  Hopefully my mailman will bring me a nice big envelope tomorrow!

fightmeimirish

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #778 on: December 14, 2008, 01:55:56 PM »
So far I've been admitted to Duke, Georgetown, Michigan, and Cal Berkeley. I must say, even if I got rejected everywhere else, I have nothing to complain about. :)

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 14, 2008, 02:58:32 PM »
Nice!
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."