Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted 08/09  (Read 184695 times)

logickills

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted 08/09
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2008, 03:50:32 PM »
<-- So jealous of people that already have a billion acceptances (I'm looking at you, Logic).

haha its because i basically did all my applications over the summer.  i spent a little time in september doing essays, but i was really lucky to be able to submit as soon as a lot of the applications went up.  dont worry your letters and emails are coming soon :P
accepted: duke, georgetown, fordham $$, umich $$, nyu!, uchicago, uva, gw
pending: berkeley (rejected), yale (rejected), stanford, harvard, columbia (WL), upenn (WL)
lsn: logickills

nvoight911

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2008, 05:37:41 PM »
<-- So jealous of people that already have a billion acceptances (I'm looking at you, Logic).

haha its because i basically did all my applications over the summer.  i spent a little time in september doing essays, but i was really lucky to be able to submit as soon as a lot of the applications went up.  dont worry your letters and emails are coming soon :P

Hey, is your status checker updated to reflect your acceptance, or is it still sitting on "your application is complete"?
LSAT:160
GPA:3.73

Katfid54

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2008, 06:21:25 PM »

I submitted pretty much everything except Michigan and Northwestern very early in September, but I didn't get Duke PT and I didn't apply at GULC.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2008, 06:27:07 PM »
Guess who hasn't heard from Georgetown yet (they entered my address incorrectly into the system and it was only fixed yesterday - who knows whether I got in, since they won't update the status checker...)

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2008, 06:34:48 PM »
Guess who hasn't heard from Georgetown yet (they entered my address incorrectly into the system and it was only fixed yesterday - who knows whether I got in, since they won't update the status checker...)

Heartbreaker, you being nervours about a georgetown acceptance = me being nervous about a Pitt acceptance. You are golden.

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2008, 06:48:18 PM »

HB will own Georgetown like Sarah Palin owns Russia
Best of luck to everyone!

randyers09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2008, 06:52:05 PM »
I'm in at Florida Coastal!!!! With Scholarship money!!

and i didnt even apply yet! I must be really special, should I go?

alethea

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2008, 08:33:29 PM »
There must be a record for shortest cycle ever somewhere...I submitted my application to UVA Sunday, went complete Wednesday, decided to do early decision post-submission and overnighted my contract Thursday, it arrived Friday (10/31) at 10:30am, and I got an email from Dean Trujillo at 1:22pm asking me to call him...he called me back an hour later offering me a seat!

I must say, the people at UVA are wonderful. Very polite and willing to spend time answering questions. The call was a wonderful touch. Talk about instant gratification!

Yay! It is OVER. I'm so happy to be going to UVA in the fall! Good luck everyone!

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2008, 09:25:24 PM »
There must be a record for shortest cycle ever somewhere...I submitted my application to UVA Sunday, went complete Wednesday, decided to do early decision post-submission and overnighted my contract Thursday, it arrived Friday (10/31) at 10:30am, and I got an email from Dean Trujillo at 1:22pm asking me to call him...he called me back an hour later offering me a seat!

I must say, the people at UVA are wonderful. Very polite and willing to spend time answering questions. The call was a wonderful touch. Talk about instant gratification!

171 LSAT, 3.34 LSAC gpa with a good upward trend after being off school three years and transferring. I've attended more schools than Sarah Palin in the process of getting my undergraduate. Good work experience, interesting softs (at least I think so). Not a Virginia resident.

Yay! It is OVER. I'm so happy to be going to UVA in the fall! Good luck everyone!

haha thats pretty crazy. Congrats.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2008, 09:52:47 PM »

HB will own Georgetown like Sarah Palin owns Russia

Hee, thanks guys!