Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted 08/09  (Read 184086 times)

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted 08/09
« Reply #1280 on: March 02, 2009, 12:46:18 PM »
i really liked indiana when i visited. 

school's at the heart of campus...

GREAT library...

staff seemed nice...

overall, very good school...

underrated in my opinion.

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 02, 2009, 03:29:30 PM »
Sapphire was rude, but I do think that Trev came off pretty rude as well.

we have very similar cycles, npe. What are you thinking right now? Who's number one?

G-Dub's the favorite right now, but the free ride at UIUC is very tempting.  I'm really hoping to get off one of these waitlists though.  And of course, if NYU called tomorrow, I'd withdraw from everywhere else right away.

And you?

Right now, Illinois is in the top spot. I'm currently waiting on WUSTL to get a pulse again and send me a scholarship this week. That could change things. And the 4 waitlists, of course, which could be a gamechanger.

How long you planning on sticking out those waitlists?

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1282 on: March 03, 2009, 02:00:32 PM »
Really Bloomie...Illinois? Why is that?

It just comes down to money, plain and simple. I like all the schools that have accepted me, and without visiting yet, I have no real preference for any other outside of debt. So Illinois wins. Also, I love State College, PA, and I have gotten the vibe that UC is kinda similar to it.

What's your outlook?

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 03, 2009, 02:02:55 PM »
sorry for my totally irrelevant rant about indiana...

responded rather quickly to the words "really, bloomie, why i..."

proper discipline administered...

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1284 on: March 03, 2009, 02:03:21 PM »

we have very similar cycles, npe. What are you thinking right now? Who's number one?

G-Dub's the favorite right now, but the free ride at UIUC is very tempting.  I'm really hoping to get off one of these waitlists though.  And of course, if NYU called tomorrow, I'd withdraw from everywhere else right away.

And you?

Right now, Illinois is in the top spot. I'm currently waiting on WUSTL to get a pulse again and send me a scholarship this week. That could change things. And the 4 waitlists, of course, which could be a gamechanger.

I'm not sure. I don't think I'm gonna ride out UCLA's because the school is just too damn expensive, same with northwestern. It's really gonna come to Vandy and Michigan, and I'll probably stick it out for as long as they let me. But, in a strange way, I hope they don't call, because I still don't konw if I could go $180K in debt. It just blows my mind. I think, in the end, if either Vandy or Michigan call, I'll end up there, though. And I have a feeling one of them will.

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 03, 2009, 02:39:23 PM »

And you?

I'm not sure. I don't think I'm gonna ride out UCLA's because the school is just too damn expensive, same with northwestern. It's really gonna come to Vandy and Michigan, and I'll probably stick it out for as long as they let me. But, in a strange way, I hope they don't call, because I still don't konw if I could go $180K in debt. It just blows my mind. I think, in the end, if either Vandy or Michigan call, I'll end up there, though. And I have a feeling one of them will.

Given up on Virginia?

NU is prohibitively expensive but if they called me today and accepted me I would be done and be happy with paying the price. 

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1286 on: March 03, 2009, 04:06:01 PM »

And you?

Given up on Virginia?

NU is prohibitively expensive but if they called me today and accepted me I would be done and be happy with paying the price. 

lol, tbh, i forgot about Virginia. They are a step below Vandy and Mich for my preferences, but I'd definitely be in if they called.

What's your waitlist strategy?

trojanforlife

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 03, 2009, 05:38:20 PM »
in at Fordham (I'm guessing no $?)

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 03, 2009, 05:59:20 PM »

And you?

Given up on Virginia?

lol, tbh, i forgot about Virginia. They are a step below Vandy and Mich for my preferences, but I'd definitely be in if they called.

What's your waitlist strategy?

To be honest I really don't have one.  Part of me hopes I will get in somewhere in May but if I don't get admitted somewhere by July 1st I won't stick on those lists much longer.

Of course part of me thinks I could also wait until the first week of August and I might be able to, but I will be pretty ticked to make a second deposit somewhere while waiting.

You are in a much better situation with Illinois than I am with Bama - I have the feeling I wouldn't feel comfortable going there unless I was sure I wasn't getting into Virginia/UT/Duke/GTown/Vanderbilt/NU.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 22, 2009, 06:14:04 PM »
Cornell.  Deferred in December, thought I missed the deadline.  Shocked.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.