Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Summer Housing  (Read 2191 times)

bitblaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Housing
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 11:08:14 PM »
No,  we'd see each other hopefully pretty frequently on weekends.  Plane tickets are pretty cheap.  I just meant that after last summer, we wanted to be together as much as possible this summer, not that we would go through something as dramatic as that again.

But the difference between being possibly being able to stay with friends for free versus getting an apartment adequate for two people and two dogs could be a big deal in terms of saving up for a house down payment, since we'd like to get one immediately upon my graduation.

Ok, yeah.  The difference between free housing and a mid-size DC apartment is hard to ignore.  None of my friends in the DC area live close enough, or in nice enough areas, for me to want to bum housing, so I'm paying for housing with or without the dog.  I figure whatever amount extra it costs will be worth it, and would naturally be worth it for a spouse.
2L

abevagoda

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 11:37:49 PM »
I have some recommendations for pet owners in the D.C. area.  Short term etc. 

daylighthasbroken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 12:17:45 AM »
yeah, the pets'll be the issue... otherwise, you can find a decent/good place for about $1000-1500 per month off craigslist.  fwiw, i paid $700 per month last summer for a sweet place in a group house in the district.

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 11:59:04 AM »
Bah, just thinking about the housing issues gives me a headache.

bitblaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 04:50:05 PM »
yeah, the pets'll be the issue... otherwise, you can find a decent/good place for about $1000-1500 per month off craigslist.  fwiw, i paid $700 per month last summer for a sweet place in a group house in the district.

Yeah... I need my own space.  I rented out a room and bathroom last summer, and by August I pretty much decided I'd be looking for my own place Summer '09 if I landed biglaw.
2L