Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is law school a good investment these days?  (Read 1254 times)

stbjm02

• View Profile
    • Email
Is law school a good investment these days?
« on: October 21, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »
I am in my last year of undergraduate study and plan on going to law school next year. I have read many articles saying that law school is not such a good investment anymore and that people are having trouble finding high paying and enjoyable jobs. This is very disheartening to hear and has taken some of my enthusiasm away.

Now I have two questions:

Do you think that as the economy recovers that more jobs will become available or do yo feel like this is just due to over saturation of the field and that it will not get better for a long time?

Also if you have any recent graduate job search stories: successes and failures please share.

Talk Is Cheap

• Sr. Citizen
  • F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
Re: Is law school a good investment these days?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 02:11:11 AM »
To OP, it depends what kind of law you want to do. Some areas are hit harder than others. I'd also say 50% of entering law students think they want and start out trying for the big-bucks jobs that statistically only a fraction of them will get.

There are likely always going to be SOME legal jobs out there that you can earn a decent salary at, but if your plan is to go to law school to get rich, I'd stay away.