Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Everybody Applying Should Read This  (Read 1888 times)

ByronHadley

• View Profile
    • Email
Everybody Applying Should Read This
« on: October 21, 2008, 01:32:41 PM »
There's a book out called "Happy Hour is For Amateurs" about law school and being in litigation.  I just got one from Amazon and it is totally everything they never tell you about law school or what kind of people you run into in the job.  The book is humor and can offend a lot of people but the stuff inside about practicing is like everything every college student should know before going to law school.

I don't know ho to link or I would link it here.  You can find it on google or Amazon. 

Do not apply without reading this.  Serious.

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Everybody Applying Should Read This
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 06:17:56 PM »
you oughta be ashamed of your tom-shillery.  after a post like that, who would want book written by the likes of you anyway?  spelling and coherent english are quite often grounds which qualify a book as readable and worth buying...you've failed on both counts. 

yehudis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 03:21:53 PM »
you oughta be ashamed of your tom-shillery.  after a post like that, who would want book written by the likes of you anyway?  spelling and coherent english are quite often grounds which qualify a book as readable and worth buying...you've failed on both counts. 

Maybe the shill is.  The book, on the other hand, is rude and really funny and I'm told accurate as to law in Philadelphia.  It certainly made me feel a better about avoiding litigation. 

Kevin.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 11:15:37 AM »
Slash not every lawyer is a litigator?
Vandy Law 2011

grackle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 01:55:08 PM »
Slash not every lawyer is a litigator?

Slash not every lawyer spent law school in S&M trists and high on mushrooms. 

yatsuki

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 04:07:17 PM »

Maybe the shill is.  The book, on the other hand, is rude and really funny and I'm told accurate as to law in Philadelphia.  It certainly made me feel a better about avoiding litigation. 

True or not, it is a vile book.   

levon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 01:06:26 PM »

Come on. Stop taking this profession so seriously.  I thought it was funny.  If you can't laugh at a good sex story and make fun of the field you need help. 

True or not, it is a vile book.