Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Slow recommender and applying to Hofstra  (Read 801 times)

kennedyposter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Slow recommender and applying to Hofstra
« on: October 21, 2008, 12:26:58 AM »
So I have a recommender who is taking FOREVER and I doubt she has even started yet despite the fact that I want to get my apps out as soon as my score comes in on Friday. I'm super annoyed. I have an excellent rec from a former prof and this will be from my senior seminar adviser and could be decent but not as great because that's just how she is. Anyways, Hofstra only requires one rec. Do you think it would be bad if I sent the app with only one rec? Or should I wait for Dr. McSlow to send in my second. It could be weeks even if I light a fire under her ass. She's one of those absent minded liberal arts types. I'm just dying to get at least one app out!!! Ahhh any advice would be appreciated.

lunagirl

• View Profile
Re: Slow recommender and applying to Hofstra
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 04:38:30 AM »
Well, you have just answered your question yourself. If you know that the recommendation is going to be decent but not great and you already have one required LOR which is great, why would you wait for her and jeopardize you admission chances? Unless you are sure that her letter of recommendation is going to be so great that it may positively influence your admission chances, why would you want to wait for it for uncertain period of time??? To me it personally doesn't make sense...