Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Petition for readmission - help?  (Read 20200 times)

wingman

• View Profile
Re: Petition for readmission - help?
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2008, 05:39:32 PM »
tou-che

it's touche. it's french. it's used in fencing when one fencer manages to "touch" the other with his foil, epee or sabre.

twoshay.

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2008, 05:47:02 PM »
tou-che

it's touche. it's french. it's used in fencing when one fencer manages to "touch" the other with his foil, epee or sabre.

twoshay.

maresee.  :D

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2008, 05:50:42 PM »
Seriously?  Nobody else is thinking what I was thinking right from the start?

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2008, 05:51:59 PM »
tou-che

twoshay.

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2008, 05:53:07 PM »
tou-che

twoshay.

;D Where the hell did you find that?

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2008, 06:45:52 PM »
Seriously?  Nobody else is thinking what I was thinking right from the start?

[/quote

????
I hope you don't mean me....

I'm dead serious.  I am looking for help.  If you know anyone who has successfully petitioned for readmission, I'd love to hear about it.

Suggestions are welcome, so long as they aren't of the 'give up, moron' type.  I've already made up my mind that I am going to try and get back in, so if anyone reading this feels compelled to try to convince me otherwise, they should be forewarned that it is a waste of their time.

I thought that was clear from my first post, but I guess not.

zy

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2008, 07:18:57 PM »
To the OP:

Are you trying to gain re-admission to the school you were dismissed from, or are you trying to apply to a number of law schools in order to start over? My impression is that you are doing the former, but if you could clarify that point, that might help.

While I do not know of anyone who has petitioned for re-admission, my suggestion would be to contact the Dean's office of your former school to find out what their specific policies are (e.g., submit a whole new application, interview with the deans, etc.).  Once you have some guidance from the school, we can try to help you nail down the specifics of each task.  Good luck.

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2008, 07:40:30 PM »
To the OP:

Are you trying to gain re-admission to the school you were dismissed from, or are you trying to apply to a number of law schools in order to start over? My impression is that you are doing the former, but if you could clarify that point, that might help.

While I do not know of anyone who has petitioned for re-admission, my suggestion would be to contact the Dean's office of your former school to find out what their specific policies are (e.g., submit a whole new application, interview with the deans, etc.).  Once you have some guidance from the school, we can try to help you nail down the specifics of each task.  Good luck.

I'm attempting to gain readmission into the school that dismissed me.  Per ABA rules, I would have to wait another year (!) to apply to other schools.

I spoke with a dean about readmission, but they didn't have much information to give.  Essentially, they accept petitions in February of each year.  They usually get 12-16 and admit 4-6.  They told me they consider extenuating circumstances, changes made to minimize those circumstances, things that happened that may have affected performance, what you've done since being dismissed, etc.

If you have some time, I wrote out a description of what happened in the first post of the thread that might help fill in the details.

Thanks!

SCOOTERNINJA

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2008, 09:20:54 PM »
You pretty much have to apply for re-admission at the same school, because most schools wont take anyone who is not in good standing at their former school.

Anyways, sorry that there seems to be a lot of ego-driven aholes on this site.  I really hope you are readmitted, but I cant offer any advice as I do not know anyone who has ever tried.  If you sincerely want to go back to law school (like it sounds), I am pretty sure that will come across in any potential re-admission interview and I think that would help greatly.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2008, 11:18:23 PM »

[/quote]

Nope.  Turned down scholarship money there though....
[/quote]

LoL you are bragging about a scholarship from Cooley hahaha.