Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Petition for readmission - help?  (Read 20887 times)

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Petition for readmission - help?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2008, 04:12:59 PM »
Oh and 3LEMan, where do you go to law school? You make fun of the T4 so well...you sound like a T2/T3 with a major self esteem issue.

I go to GW, and in all honesty, if I had had to pay full-price here I wouldn't have gone.  I opted for GW over a top 10 because it saved me substantial sums of money. 

Also, if you read my posts, I don't have a problem with lower ranked schools, they just aren't worth the cost. 

Finally, your situation was different.  You had a moral screw up as a youth.  The OP failed out of law school, and a crappy one at that........

How do you know how good my law school is exactly?

GW is a great school.  According to LSAC, zero 1st years were academically dismissed.  You should know that my school has the highest dismissal rate in the state I live in.  From what I can tell, the school has a policy in place designed to shed about 10% of each entering class.

Can you lay the @#!* off of me and get on with your life, or are you required now to throw a shot my way to prove how big your cock is?

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2008, 04:14:43 PM »
Generally, schools with a high dismissal rate are toilet schools that shouldn't be around.  It's a money hungry thing to do.  Rather than reject unqualified students, they admit you, then boot you when you inevitably fail....

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2008, 04:15:33 PM »
Generally, schools with a high dismissal rate are toilet schools that shouldn't be around.  It's a money hungry thing to do.  Rather than reject unqualified students, they admit you, then boot you when you inevitably fail....

Thanks for sharing your opinion.  I appreciate it, but couldn't care less.

Don't you have anything else to do, like maybe study?

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2008, 04:32:06 PM »
OP you seem like a hard working, well spoken, and intelligent person...Surely you will find success at becoming an attorney. Unlike Mr. 3L guy says, everyone does not have a picture perfect past, but this by no means precludes this bunch from having a successful future...Just two years ago I made a large mistake (as a UG) that ended up in a felony charge after a drunken disorderly incident in which a car window got broken...I never would have thought that I would be able to recover, I almost was expelled from my prominent public university (top 3 in the country), I never would have thought I could get into any law school (with a criminal record)...Im sure 3L guy would have told me to give up on my quest to go to law school...My priority track Duke acceptance puts these naysayers to shame...Keep on working, and keep on trying Denny...you do that and your chances of failure are non-existant...you might want to try and re-apply to several law schools though, it sounds like with your situation a law degree and a bar passage is all you need...You don't need a t14 law degree to get gainful employment.

Maturity?  Encouragement?  ON LSD?????@!?!?!?!?!?

:-)

Thanks.  I appreciate you.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 04:41:49 PM »

Yes, you would only like my opinion if it was "you rock."

wingman

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 04:44:28 PM »
Oh and 3LEMan, where do you go to law school? You make fun of the T4 so well...you sound like a T2/T3 with a major self esteem issue.

I go to GW, and in all honesty, if I had had to pay full-price here I wouldn't have gone.  I opted for GW over a top 10 because it saved me substantial sums of money. 

Also, if you read my posts, I don't have a problem with lower ranked schools, they just aren't worth the cost. 

Finally, your situation was different.  You had a moral screw up as a youth.  The OP failed out of law school, and a crappy one at that........

GW is a great school.  According to LSAC, zero 1st years were academically dismissed.  You should know that my school has the highest dismissal rate in the state I live in.  From what I can tell, the school has a policy in place designed to shed about 10% of each entering class.

Can you lay the @#!* off of me and get on with your life, or are you required now to throw a shot my way to prove how big your cock is?

Cooley?

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2008, 04:53:29 PM »

No.  What I would like is if you would go back and read my initial post where I asked for advice and help.  You might notice this time that I did not ask for your opinion on readmission, but was clearly seeking guidance.

I would love your opinion if you responded to the questions posed in the initial post.  That would be awesome.

But each time you've posted, you've done so to discourage me, make fun of me, rip me and make me feel bad. 

So.  Would you like to be helpful or is your switch stuck on 'a-hole'?

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2008, 04:57:16 PM »

No.  What I would like is if you would go back and read my initial post where I asked for advice and help.  You might notice this time that I did not ask for your opinion on readmission, but was clearly seeking guidance.

I would love your opinion if you responded to the questions posed in the initial post.  That would be awesome.

But each time you've posted, you've done so to discourage me, make fun of me, rip me and make me feel bad. 

So.  Would you like to be helpful or is your switch stuck on 'a-hole'?

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2008, 04:59:18 PM »

Cooley?

Nope.  Turned down scholarship money there though....

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2008, 05:33:26 PM »
tou-che

it's touche. it's french. it's used in fencing when one fencer manages to "touch" the other with his foil, epee or sabre.