Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Petition for readmission - help?  (Read 20190 times)

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Petition for readmission - help?
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 02:21:46 PM »
Actually I'm happily married.  Thanks for asking.  

It's funny how people attack me for making assumptions, yet many of you do the same.  You assume that because I'm a feminine hygiene product on this board (which I sometimes am), that I must be a freakish loser in real life.  It's amusing.

Anyway, good luck to the OP.  I'm sure you will excel in life letting daddy pave the way for you.  

Hey thanks!  I appreciate you being so NICE and avoiding being a prick.

And just so YOU know, Daddy hasn't paved the way for me before.  My last job was for a fortune 500 and I left it because I wanted to go to law school.  I did just fine without daddy's help.  I guess I should be telling my dad to @#!* off instead of taking his help.  That's what you would do, so it must be a best practice.

I'm sure you will excel at life by utilizing that winning personality and an inability to comprehend and analyze information.

Also, you might consider learning how to communicate with others.  So far, you've made yourself look like a real live a-hole, which I'm sure you reserve for this board only.

Now, can we move on people?
I'd love some actual advice and I'm not terribly happy to have had my thread hijacked by an unhappy, small minded, married male with communication and reading comprehension issues.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 02:22:18 PM »

It's funny how people attack me for making assumptions, yet many of you do the same.  You assume that because I'm a feminine hygiene product on this board (which I sometimes am), that I must be a freakish loser in real life.  It's amusing.

I never bothered to think about if youíre a douchbag in real life or not. I mean lots of people have online personas, look at World of Warcraft, I mean MMORPGs stand for Many Men Online Role Playeing Girls. Some people live out life on the net saying things they would not in person. But for me, Iím just as much of an a-hole in person as I am online, the people on here who know me in real life will confirm that fact.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 02:26:39 PM »
There are seriously dude's on WoW that impersonate girls?  That game is even dorkier than I thought. 

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2008, 02:27:43 PM »
There are seriously dude's on WoW that impersonate girls?  That game is even dorkier than I thought. 

the magority of female players are guys, in all online games
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2008, 02:31:03 PM »
But don't people talk on microphones on WOW?  That's so funny.  I don't get it.  Then again, I can't really understand why anyone could get so into that game to begin with.

A5678G245

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 03:16:45 PM »
OP you seem like a hard working, well spoken, and intelligent person...Surely you will find success at becoming an attorney. Unlike Mr. 3L guy says, everyone does not have a picture perfect past, but this by no means precludes this bunch from having a successful future...Just two years ago I made a large mistake (as a UG) that ended up in a felony charge after a drunken disorderly incident in which a car window got broken...I never would have thought that I would be able to recover, I almost was expelled from my prominent public university (top 3 in the country), I never would have thought I could get into any law school (with a criminal record)...Im sure 3L guy would have told me to give up on my quest to go to law school...My priority track Duke acceptance puts these naysayers to shame...Keep on working, and keep on trying Denny...you do that and your chances of failure are non-existant...you might want to try and re-apply to several law schools though, it sounds like with your situation a law degree and a bar passage is all you need...You don't need a t14 law degree to get gainful employment.

A5678G245

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2008, 03:22:19 PM »
Oh and 3LEMan, where do you go to law school? You make fun of the T4 so well...you sound like a T2/T3 with a major self esteem issue.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 03:29:03 PM »
Oh and 3LEMan, where do you go to law school? You make fun of the T4 so well...you sound like a T2/T3 with a major self esteem issue.

I go to GW, and in all honesty, if I had had to pay full-price here I wouldn't have gone.  I opted for GW over a top 10 because it saved me substantial sums of money. 

Also, if you read my posts, I don't have a problem with lower ranked schools, they just aren't worth the cost. 

Finally, your situation was different.  You had a moral screw up as a youth.  The OP failed out of law school, and a crappy one at that........

A5678G245

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 03:46:39 PM »
tou-che

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 03:48:44 PM »
tou-che

Are you at Duke now?  I have friends there.  Great school.  Too bad while they are there all those renovations are going on.  At least you will actually get to enjoy them when they are done.