Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Petition for readmission - help?  (Read 20567 times)

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Petition for readmission - help?
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 01:47:35 PM »
Eh, malpractice and judgment are a fine line.  Especially for a solo practitioner.   

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 01:59:02 PM »
Dude if you were that close to failing (likely at a T4), then why are you bothering?  You aren't likely going to have job prospects, what do you want to do as a lawyer?  What's the point?

Not trying to be mean, but seriously....

yeah you were.  at least be honest about your douchebaggery.

non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 02:00:11 PM »
I don't think the post was mean, it was honest.  That's the problem with some folks on this board.  You come on here wanting people to blow smoke up your ass about your jacked up situations, and when someone tells the truth (which you don't want to hear) you get all fired up.

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 02:00:19 PM »
I'm not even reading your ramble.  You must have a great job now if you have time to sit around writing 5 page novels on discussion boards.

Also, I love your 5 years to partner comment lol.  LoL.  Daddy being a solo with a small firm hardly leads to greatness.  If you are as dumb as your first go with law school proved to be (and likely at a poo school at that), then no amount of connections will save you from yourself.

Good luck.  

My job is freaking sweet.  Today is a light day and the attorneys are mostly out of the office for the jewish holiday.
That said, "Daddy" isn't a solo.  "Daddy", my brother, and another attorney are partners in a firm that has 8 active lawyers and 4 more of counsel.  "Daddy" and his partners have been very active in encouraging me to graduate law school so I can join the firm.  They need help (they are too busy) and think I could be a valuable asset.  Of course, the principal at the medium sized divorce firm hopes that I decide to specialize in that field so she can get me on board too.  And the PI lawyer that I've known for 10 years has also expressed an interest in me doing work with him.

I apologize if my posts are too long for your high intellect to spend the time reading.  For the record, my post was 660 words, including the words I quoted from your post.

Hardly a '5 page' novel.

I would like to invite you to stop reading this thread as you aren't contributing anything of value and have devolved from your initial "Not trying to be mean, but seriously...." to trying to be mean, and seriously.

Thanks, but I think folks like you are the problem around here.  Last I checked, this forum was designed for law students, potential law students, and law school graduates to have open discussions and to provide a forum where people can come for help, advice, and interesting discussions.  You've failed to meet that expectation on many levels.

Instead of trying to 'win' by making fun of me, help or go away.  It's better for your spleen.

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 02:04:22 PM »
I don't think the post was mean, it was honest.  That's the problem with some folks on this board.  You come on here wanting people to blow smoke up your ass about your jacked up situations, and when someone tells the truth (which you don't want to hear) you get all fired up.

Well YOU certainly got all fired up.
Now that you've said your peace, will you stop or continue to try and trash me?
Enough already.
Nothing you've said is original or unique.  I've read that all before on various pages.
Your version of honesty isn't rooted in reality, just your own perceptions.  You injected your own fact patterns and continue to display your lack of intellectual comprehension.
I was very specific in requesting help, not asking people to make fun of my father's practice or my desires to be readmitted.  The 'problem' around here is folks like you want to be right instead of helpful.
So, in an effort to make peace:
You are right.  I shouldn't petition for readmission.  I should quit and go do something else with my life.
Thanks for your positive influence.
Now that THAT'S over with, anyone want to help?

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 02:10:07 PM »

lol, you dont have a wife or a girlfriend, do you?

"so, do i look fat in this?"

"damn baby, hell yah, lose some weight!  and trim that scraggly moustache!  wait, why are you mad baby, i wasnt being mean, i was just being honest!"

non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 02:10:12 PM »

This is what I see as the problem with some posters on this board, they use the general to satisfy the specific. As if there is one universal truth out there for everyone in every given circumstance. Christ if there is one thing I have learned in law school itís that there is never one right answer for any given problem - ever. If there was we would not need lawyers. The law and life is full of gray areas and anytime someone starts to talk in absolutes I start to cringe.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 02:13:46 PM »
Actually I'm happily married.  Thanks for asking.  

It's funny how people attack me for making assumptions, yet many of you do the same.  You assume that because I'm a feminine hygiene product on this board (which I sometimes am), that I must be a freakish loser in real life.  It's amusing.

Anyway, good luck to the OP.  I'm sure you will excel in life letting daddy pave the way for you.  

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 02:14:39 PM »
The law and life is full of gray areas

This is not an absolute.  Sometimes there is a right answer and a wrong answer.  See 2008 Presidential Election for example.

You mean change the constitution to allow Bush to run for a third term?
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 02:16:55 PM »
Regardless, I'll give some legitimate advice to your question:

If you want to apply for readmission, don't make excuses.  That is the first thing I noticed when you made your original post.  Take ownership of your life and acknowledge you had things going on and your head just wasn't in the game.  Explain how long you have wanted to become a lawyer and the steps you have taken to get back to this point. 

Be sincere......