Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School and kids  (Read 1198 times)

Eddiev31

• View Profile
    • Email
Law School and kids
« on: October 20, 2008, 08:33:30 PM »
Waiting for my LAST score to come back in a few weeks amd of course my wife tells me yesterday that we are expecting....any words of support are greatly appreciated.....

I'm a 36 year old Commercial Banker looking to go to Law School.... :o

lipslikesugar

• View Profile
Re: Law School and kids
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 09:11:50 AM »
Your wife is going to deliver.not you!
I had two babies while my husband was in med school and I was doing my undergraduate. It wasn't easy because we didn't have any family around to help us but we did it just fine!!!!!!

:)

Texas

• View Profile
Re: Law School and kids
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 11:34:10 PM »
That is wonderful news! It will change your life and your outlook forever. Your childwill bless your life in ways you cannot yet imagine. You will fall in love with that baby and law school will pale in comparison, unless you can convince yourself that you are going to law school to help your child in the future (more money, etc.). Your wife will fall in love with the baby, too, and may not pay much attention to you, but you will be  concentrating on school, anyway. At least she won't miss you too much, since she will be absorbed with the baby. But she will also be exhausted and lonely for adult conversation.

You need to start getting organized. You are your wife will both be very sleep-deprived for a few months. Who will help your wife with the baby when you are at school or studying at home? You will not have much extra time beginning November 1, or maybe even earlier. Set up a support system for your wife. Get the household running smoothly. That means fix anything on your house, or move to another house or whatever before you start shool and before the baby is born. 

I have four children, so I know quite a bit about this!