Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Score Assumptions/Results  (Read 1674 times)

allyp

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSAT Score Assumptions/Results
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 07:28:37 PM »
This is a pointless game you're playing with yourself.  I've been playing it myself.  Ultimately, you can't change the score you have.  It is already out there in the ether somewhere, and you shall know soon enough.

Why keep running through hypotheticals, especially ones based on the performance of others?

Why are you on the LSAT board tonight?  :)  Still, sound advice.  Wish I had the self-control to take it!

LSATstruggle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT Score Assumptions/Results
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 09:44:13 PM »
Was averaging a 161-164

I was expecting the high 150s because i was tired.

Actual score. 150.

I went to sleep the night before the LSAT at about 2 AM because i was nervous. Woke up at 5: 30 and did a section for some reason. I was so tired that i  left my watch at home to time myself. So i stopped at the drug store while driving 20 miles away to Georgetown to pick up a watch and a energy drink to wake myself up. The drink did not work for me. And i took this pill called Thalma because it ws suppose to the cut down on anxiety. I left the test not remembering a thing about it. It was all a blur.

For the October test i had a good nights sleep. Slept at 9  and someone had to wake me up. Did 1 game and 1 LR problem. And drunk a 5 hour and a red bull. I was more alert.

I hope it helped my score.

eudaemonist

• Its totally inappropriate, lewd, lascivious..
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: For those who have taken the test/have a score - question?
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 09:53:55 PM »
What was your expected score or range going into the test? 168-172
What was your expected score or range after taking the test? see below...
What was your actual score? 148

However, I had pneumonia and 102.5 fever for my first LSAT. Apparently I was delirious, because I walked out thinking it was relatively easy. I should have postponed the test, or at least canceled my score once I was in the testing room and feeling like death warmed over. Obviously hindsight is 20/20. My advice if you are really sick for the LSAT, postpone your test! I talked my doctor out of hospitalizing me the Friday before I took it, saying, "But I have the LSAT tomorrow!"

I took it October 4th, so I am hoping to have better news on this last try later this week. I was still consistently scoring near 170. We'll see how I did since I wasn't sick this time.

WOW, you are dedicated, too bad your didnt cancel your score. But its gotta be hard to cancel and prolong the agony. At least writing the LSAT is a skill that doesnt vanish quickly.

Not having written the test yet, hearing how peoples actual experiences differed from their prep experience is very helpful.

Good luck ya'll  ;D