Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Score Assumptions/Results  (Read 1671 times)

allyp

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT Score Assumptions/Results
« on: October 20, 2008, 06:12:37 PM »
What was your expected score or range going into the test?
What was your expected score or range after taking the test?
What was your actual score?

Thanks!!

allyp

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: For those who have taken the test/have a score - question?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 06:23:08 PM »
Anyone?  I'm trying to gauge how much expectations coincide with reality...

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 06:38:54 PM »
It varies by test taker.  Most people probably aren't answering  because this question has been asked several times before, you can search for it in older threads.
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

natalunia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 07:10:06 PM »
What was your expected score or range going into the test? 168-172
What was your expected score or range after taking the test? see below...
What was your actual score? 148

However, I had pneumonia and 102.5 fever for my first LSAT. Apparently I was delirious, because I walked out thinking it was relatively easy. I should have postponed the test, or at least canceled my score once I was in the testing room and feeling like death warmed over. Obviously hindsight is 20/20. My advice if you are really sick for the LSAT, postpone your test! I talked my doctor out of hospitalizing me the Friday before I took it, saying, "But I have the LSAT tomorrow!"

I took it October 4th, so I am hoping to have better news on this last try later this week. I was still consistently scoring near 170. We'll see how I did since I wasn't sick this time.
I am currently a chemistry teacher
Moving to Austin soon...
Will be applying for Fall 2009 Admission to: University of Texas-Austin, St. Mary's University and Baylor University.

allyp

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT Score Assumptions/Results
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 07:10:31 PM »
I understand it varies by test taker, and I have read it in various other threads, but I thought it would be helpful to compile the data all in one place.  It takes just a second, and I believe that it would be helpful information to readers of the forum.  I would post my own, and will, once results are released Friday!  But I am trying to hear back from some people who have already gotten their scores.  Thanks!  

allyp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 07:12:20 PM »

However, I had pneumonia and 102.5 fever for my first LSAT. Apparently I was delirious, because I walked out thinking it was relatively easy. I should have postponed the test, or at least canceled my score once I was in the testing room and feeling like death warmed over. Obviously hindsight is 20/20. My advice if you are really sick for the LSAT, postpone your test! I talked my doctor out of hospitalizing me the Friday before I took it, saying, "But I have the LSAT tomorrow!"

I took it October 4th, so I am hoping to have better news on this last try later this week. I was still consistently scoring near 170. We'll see how I did since I wasn't sick this time.

Ouch!  Thanks for answering, by the way.  That sounds like good addendum material.  Good thing they changed the policy regarding score averages.  Good luck!

eruffin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 07:19:02 PM »
I'll bite:

Expected walking into test:  170-171

Expected walking out of test:  big score

Received:  175

I've always been a test day kid though.  The consensus on this board seems to be that most test takers somewhat underperform their expectations.  No idea if this is reality...
3.65, 175

allyp

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSAT Score Assumptions/Results
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 07:22:51 PM »
Right.  It does seem as if a lot of people underperform their expectations, but I am trying to see where exactly that occurs...Do you go in thinking big and lose points, or do you go in thinking big, realize you sucked, and ended up where you thought you would be POST-test? 

For me, all my practice tests save the first were 170+, most were on the upper end (last six 178-180).  I don't get test anxiety.  But I did that day, and have no clue how I fared.  I want to guess 172, but it could be anywhere between 168-176.  A big range.  So I'm curious as to how people felt after the test and how that was reflected in reality...

TimMitchell

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 07:23:16 PM »

This is terrifying as I was also pretty sick in Ocotber  :-[

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT Score Assumptions/Results
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 07:25:25 PM »
This is a pointless game you're playing with yourself.  I've been playing it myself.  Ultimately, you can't change the score you have.  It is already out there in the ether somewhere, and you shall know soon enough.

Why keep running through hypotheticals, especially ones based on the performance of others?
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.