• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« on: October 20, 2008, 03:47:07 PM »

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 7 callbacks, 6 rejections
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 03:50:26 PM »
You are really at a T10?  That is not normal dude.  You must be socially retarded or something, no offense. 

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 04:02:04 PM »
Yeah, I'm not, asshat. One of the interviewers was quote "blown away" by my interview she told a mutual acquaintance  Still dinged.  And I'm not alone amongst my peers in this predicament. 

LoL, dude, blown away by an interview that lasts 20 minutes?  Give me a break.  Obviously SOMETHING is wrong if you are so magnificent and cannot get an offer.  I, too, have had more rejections than offers, and I note that the economy does indeed suck.  However, 7 rejections at a T10 is not normal. 

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 04:06:53 PM »
Nobody said you made anything up.  I just told you that you are obviously socially retarded.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 04:12:53 PM »
No poo "something" is wrong.  It's not that I can't interview though.  Most people I know who aren't near what is probably the top of the class barely had more than 2 or 3 callbacks. So clearly I know how to interview to get them in the first place.  

Whatever you have to say to make yourself feel better Pork and Beans  ;).

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »
Whatever makes you feel better, though I doubt that is the case.  They aren't mind readers.

Bigbie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 04:40:11 PM »
It's the economy. And a month ago was a lot different than it is now. So yes, there are some people out there who did fine; and some who got there asses handed to them.

But what's your plan now? Going to do a small firm for the summer and reinterview 3L?

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 04:50:31 PM »
Eh, I tend to think his "I have 0 desire to work for a firm" is the usual residual bitterness that follows rejection.

Drew P. Bottom

• Sr. Citizen
  • You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 10:29:06 PM »
Lower ranked firms rejected me. Place I will probably work is higher ranked. It's weird. Maybe the firms like uptight people and you don't fit in? It sucks, but what are you going to do? Keep trying. I know the rejections screw with your head a little bit, but just remember it is nothing personal.
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -- James Madison

kipford

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 10:07:39 AM »
Lower ranked firms rejected me. Place I will probably work is higher ranked. It's weird. Maybe the firms like uptight people and you don't fit in? It sucks, but what are you going to do? Keep trying. I know the rejections screw with your head a little bit, but just remember it is nothing personal.

Yeah, I definitely saw that as well.  I only applied for jobs in my city, but here is the breakdown of my failure/success:

Screening interviews: 100%
Callback from screening interviews:  Vault 100: 66%; Non-Vault 100:  30%
Offers from callbacks:  Vault 100:  100%; Non-Vault 100:  0% (I also canceled one of the non-Vault 100 callbacks).

Not sure what it says, but it's interesting.  In the end I'm ecstatic with where I am going but there was certainly some "what's wrong with me" thoughts going through my head through the process.  I should point out that I'm also a non-traditional student (mid 30s) which may have played a role.  FWIW I'm on Law Review, top 2% at a T2, and did a federal externship last summer.