Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I am not that concerned with making a waitress' or bartenders life easy...  (Read 1690 times)

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I am not that concerned with making a waitress' or bartenders life easy...
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 12:57:34 PM »
Once upon a time, they didn't have credit cards or ATM's (OMG SRSLY?!?!?!!!!! LOL) and people used specially marked paper and metal called "money" to exchange for goods and services.  They carried some of this "money" when they went out for entertainment or meals. 

And once upon a time men wore codpieces.  But I'll bet you use more modern methods of covering your genitals, don't you, even though no one is forbidding you from wearing a codpiece. 

Last I checked, codpieces fell out of fashion in the late 1590's.  Credit cards came about in the 1920's, and until the turn of this century 8 years ago, people carried cash with them and used their credit cards sparingly. 

The funny in all this is that your generation is the first to use them almost exclusively.  No surprise that credit card debt is out of control and people outspend their means....

Cash is king and always has been.  No one will ever make fun of you for having it, though wearing a codpiece is likely to cause some embarrassment in social situations.

Very logical argument you make.  In fact, it's a classic example of logical fallacy.  Nice work.

Your argument is that using credit cards exclusively is 'modern' and therefore 'best'?  In the OP's situation (no matter what he says), he would remove the issue by paying with cash, and only for what he owes.  Hence, the best outcome for all involved.

Feel free to explain how going out with only a credit card with people you KNOW want to split up the check makes anyone's life easier.

Or stop wasting my time by arguing that cash is so last week.

NoUsername

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 01:33:11 PM »
You are wasting your own time.

I could carry cash.  Or I could tell a waitress to do her job.  Maybe I'll do both.

ByronHadley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 01:35:07 PM »
Would an attorney ask his client to just forget about a legal claim to save himself the trouble of addressing it? 

All the time.  Who wants the excess work unless you have an equity stake in the firm.