Law School Discussion

gilberts vs e and e for torts

gilberts vs e and e for torts
« on: October 19, 2008, 10:43:19 AM »
I'm trying to decide between the two, I already have the dressler book which is assigned by the professor. She recommends glannon,  but gilberts is written by the same author as the text book, so i'm confused. The professor already gave us a ton of practice essay exams, so i'm looking for some multiple choice practice ques for that part of the final. I hear she likes to test on retestement for the multiple choice.

wtracing

• Roll Angry Wave!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: gilberts vs e and e for torts
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 01:06:01 PM »
I actually have them both so I can probably help you a little here.  Honestly, if you understand torts pretty well but just have trouble arranging the concepts in a logical order to easier remember them, you need Gilberts.  It is a good torts outline that hits the basic principles you'll need to know.  However, if you don't understand a concept, it is definitely less helpful.  It will give you some BLL to memorize but not a whole lot of substance behind it (although when it is keyed to your textbook and it cites those cases, that definitely helps).  E&E will help you learn the material better and engage it through questions while Gilberts helps present it to you in the form you will likely want to use for the exam.  I use E&E while learning the concepts in class, then Gilberts after to re-cap and make sure I know the info in a logical easy to learn fashion.  So, I enjoy having both in the end.

If you just want one I'd go with the E&E.  You can engage the material in a lot of hypos better this way.  If you have no trouble outlining for torts, E&E is the way to go.  If you have trouble arranging the concepts in a flow that helps you answer a question logically, I'd say go Gilberts.  I hope that helps you a little.

Hey Now

• This Is Why I'm Hot
    • View Profile
Re: gilberts vs e and e for torts
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 01:34:51 PM »
Abraham's book