Law School Discussion

For Dec LSAT takers, can we send in rest of our apps ahead of time?

i know it won't go complete, but are we able to submit documents early without lsat score?

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: For Dec LSAT takers, can we send in rest of our apps ahead of time?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 12:37:55 PM »
yes

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 03:02:25 PM »
You can do this, but I'm not sure if it is a good idea. I did that thinking I was going to get a "leg up" but in fact I ended up applying to a bunch of schools to which I had no business applying. I'm not sure if it is going to do anything to make your life easier other than you might go complete a few weeks early. But, in my experience, it was unlikely to make up for a lack of numbers or soft factors.

Learn from my mistake: apply once you have a score in hand. Don't count the chickens before they hatch ...

EarlCat

• View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 03:32:48 PM »
That's a very pessimistic view.  What if your numbers are higher than you expect?  Are you going to be glad you waited until then to start filling out the app?

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 03:44:25 PM »
I don't know if its pessimistic, its just reality. Law school applications are expensive. I don't know what extra value there is in sending an application before you know where you stand. I could have saved myself a few hundred dollars. I was speaking from personal experience.

Plus, what if they are higher? Then you lose nothing because the higher than expected LSAT score should compensate for your application being reviewed a few weeks later. This is of course assuming getting your application reviewed 2-3 weeks later in January is a disadvantage which I am not sure I would concede.

I asked admin officers if I should do it, and most said it didn't matter. One (UChicago) said I ought to send it in early. After I got my score, I had no business applying there.

All my experience. Do with it what you will.

EarlCat

• View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 11:04:51 AM »
Two identical, qualified applications show up, one in Dec and one in Jan.  Who is more likely to get in?  I'll take any edge I can get.

Honestly, I wouldn't even apply this year if I took Dec, but most people are too impatient to take a year off.

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 06:57:37 PM »
Two identical, qualified applications show up, one in Dec and one in Jan.  Who is more likely to get in?  I'll take any edge I can get.

Honestly, I wouldn't even apply this year if I took Dec, but most people are too impatient to take a year off.

May I ask why?

EarlCat

• View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 11:12:43 PM »
Rolling admissions is first-come-first-serve...I'd rather be at the front of the line.

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 11:58:07 AM »
Rolling admissions is first-come-first-serve...I'd rather be at the front of the line.

but do they read your app even if it's not complete?

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 10:47:57 AM »

but do they read your app even if it's not complete?

no