Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSDAS and transcripts  (Read 1076 times)

Tess R.

• View Profile
    • Email
LSDAS and transcripts
« on: October 16, 2008, 07:52:28 PM »
Hi -

This question has probably been asked before, but can anyone tell me how the LSDAS works when I have not yet gotten my degree? Basically I am dying to know how my withdrawals from one school will be calculated by LSAC, but at what point will I be able to know that? (they do have that transcript and I have registered with LSDAS). Do I need to call and ask, or will what they have be in my online file somewhere? And what does LSAC send to schools I apply to if I don't have a final transcript?

Thanks for your help!

/

ak362

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSDAS and transcripts
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 11:58:42 AM »
Tess,

LSDAS will take all of the grades that you have thus far on your transcript, and calculate their own LSDAS GPA for you. LSAC will only penalize you for withdrawals IF you are penalized by your university for withdrawing (usually in the case of WFs or other types of withdrawals late in the semester). If your college treats a W as an F, then LSAC will do likewise; otherwise, you're fine. It takes a couple of days for LSAC (especially now, with things as busy as they are) to analyze your transcript, but the transcript analysis is posted to your LSAC account under Account Status >> Transcript >> Academic Summary Report.

LSAC will send whatever grades you have on file.

Tess R.

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSDAS and transcripts
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 07:42:16 PM »
Thank you :)