Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Resending Transcripts for higher GPA, after applying.  (Read 1025 times)

broach911

• View Profile
    • Email
Resending Transcripts for higher GPA, after applying.
« on: October 16, 2008, 11:28:48 AM »
Okay, so my issue is that my LSAC Cum GPA is a 3.49, and I know that after this semester, if I send my revised transcripts it can be a 3.5+. I plan to send my applications in November, but is it possible for me to send a revised report from LSAC to the schools I applied to, with an updated GPA in January (or earlier if I get my transcripts earlier)? Also will I be charged for this? Do schools look negatively at this?

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Resending Transcripts for higher GPA, after applying.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 12:24:26 PM »
Of course you can do this.  Simply have the school send a transcript like you did the first time.  When LSAC receives it, they will send an updated report to each of your schools free of charge.

Some schools even ask for fall grades from some candidates that are still pending in December/January.  I don't believe its looked upon unfavorably.

TimMitchell

Re: Resending Transcripts for higher GPA, after applying.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »
You also may want to include an addenudm that you intend on doing this, schools that may ding you might await your new GPA if the expected difference would warrant an accepetance/waitlist