Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Would I make a good candidate for Yale?  (Read 4940 times)

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Would I make a good candidate for Yale?
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2008, 05:08:49 PM »
In fact, Florida Coastal produces more qualified JDs per year than Princeton does. Princeton! Not to mention Brown!

If you weren't so sexist I'd find this comment really funny.

If you weren't such a self-hating feminazi, I'd say thanks.

Side note: anyone read Zillions as a kid?
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2008, 05:24:56 PM »
In fact, Florida Coastal produces more qualified JDs per year than Princeton does. Princeton! Not to mention Brown!

I'm glad we had this talk.

wingman

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2008, 06:14:10 PM »

Zillions! I remember that. It was kind of like scholastic news but for slightly older kids.

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2008, 06:45:16 PM »

omg YES. wasn't it sort of a consumer reports for kids? good lord my mom was obsessed with making me fiscally responsible.

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2008, 06:56:09 PM »
That reminds me, dash totally forgot to mention Chicago along with NYU and Stanford.  What's up with that dash?

my love for law and econ stems from zillions, where i learned to save 50% of my weekly allowance. unfortunately, at the time, that was about $2.50.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2008, 07:00:12 PM »

omg YES. wasn't it sort of a consumer reports for kids? good lord my mom was obsessed with making me fiscally responsible.

TOTES. Alls I remember though are the toy ratings. Brilliant! I bring it up because there was a fake-soap-opera comic strip that had amusingly histrionic openers and closers, always ending with, "Not to mention Fred!" Of course, the reader never met Fred.

"Not to mention Brown!" obviously is a literary allusion, of the most refined sort, to this comic strip I can't remember the name of in Consumer Report's kiddie mag. I make such intellectual references, as you may have surmised, because I attend an Ivy.

That reminds me, dash totally forgot to mention Chicago along with NYU and Stanford.  What's up with that dash?

Tres simple, mon ami. Deep-dish pizza is an abomination unto the Lord, and its stain infects all its surrounding. But don't tell the boyf I said so.
This sig kills fascists.

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.

clairel

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago 3L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2008, 07:33:57 PM »

TOTES. Alls I remember though are the toy ratings. Brilliant! I bring it up because there was a fake-soap-opera comic strip that had amusingly histrionic openers and closers, always ending with, "Not to mention Fred!" Of course, the reader never met Fred.

"Not to mention Brown!" obviously is a literary allusion, of the most refined sort, to this comic strip I can't remember the name of in Consumer Report's kiddie mag. I make such intellectual references, as you may have surmised, because I attend an Ivy.

Tres simple, mon ami. Deep-dish pizza is an abomination unto the Lord, and its stain infects all its surrounding. But don't tell the boyf I said so.

i totally remember that comic strip. omg, also wasn't there a kid testing team that you could apply for? i totally applied more than once and was never chosen. clearly, that is why i have not been able to attend an ivy law school.

also, i actually hate deep dish too. and pizza with the sauce on top is totally grosssss. fortunately, i am in my last year of living in this horrible deep-dish-lack-of-local-decent-chinese-food hellhole.

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2008, 11:31:05 PM »

I don't know about abomination, but I will say that it's infinitely inferior to New York style pizza.

Are you a baseball fan by the way?  If so, I imagine you must be excited.

And why do I not remember Zillions at all?

I'm a fair-weather fan of any and all Philly sports teams. I'm still in shock.
This sig kills fascists.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2008, 11:35:02 PM »
I totally read Zillions! For some reason I remember very clearly when they tested all the different kinds of backpacks and rated them. I thought that was very useful. Padded straps ftw!
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

This is wrong.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dear LawDog3...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2008, 11:49:43 PM »
OMG FEMINAZIFEST
I do not like hats.
I do not like them on bats.
I would not like them near cats.
I would not like them made out of mats.