Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wanting to go to a HBCE school for pre-law  (Read 8100 times)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wanting to go to a HBCE school for pre-law
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2008, 10:01:06 PM »
I've been in on this one for a bit, yes, but it's just because I'm easily entertained and need something to distract myself, and this thread just keeps delivering. I really don't care much one way or another about HBCUs, but damn can you pick some good fights over them. For some reason, everyone that is, for lack of a better term, "Pro-HBCU" always has these super-pedantic arguments for HBCUs (and most of everything else, as most of your posts illustrate). Needless to say, I enjoy taking some shots at those types.

Like I said, the internet should generally not be taken seriously. Learn to have some fun. If I thought the issue was worth addressing in a serious way, I would, but I don't, so I have a good time (as much as you can on a message board, anyway). And everyone that does think the issue is worth addressing in a "normal, forward-thinking" (whatever the @#!* THAT means) way can do so and pay me no attention along the way.

Oh, and good work screwing up the quote a few posts back, now it looks like we're both functionally retarded and don't know how to use the quote button.

I am not sure what about my posts you thought was "super-pedantic," but I certainly don't think it's pedantic to ask that you try to avoid deploying bigotry or offending people for idle kicks.  Get a hobby.

p.s. It's not that hard to fix the quoting.  HTH.

You should probably look up pedantic then. Your posts still meet that criteria, but that was really more for mfs73.

There's nothing bigoted about having an opinion that HBCUs are not up to par with most universities that don't contain a racial descriptor in their title. I'd imagine you also probably don't find [asian/black/latino] pride days or [asian/black/latino] student organizations to be racist at all either.

I have many a hobby, this is just sport.

p.s. It's even less hard to not @#!* up the quoting in the first place.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2008, 10:03:22 PM »
I've been in on this one for a bit, yes, but it's just because I'm easily entertained and need something to distract myself, and this thread just keeps delivering. I really don't care much one way or another about HBCUs, but damn can you pick some good fights over them. For some reason, everyone that is, for lack of a better term, "Pro-HBCU" always has these super-pedantic arguments for HBCUs (and most of everything else, as most of your posts illustrate). Needless to say, I enjoy taking some shots at those types.

Like I said, the internet should generally not be taken seriously. Learn to have some fun. If I thought the issue was worth addressing in a serious way, I would, but I don't, so I have a good time (as much as you can on a message board, anyway). And everyone that does think the issue is worth addressing in a "normal, forward-thinking" (whatever the @#!* THAT means) way can do so and pay me no attention along the way.

Oh, and good work screwing up the quote a few posts back, now it looks like we're both functionally retarded and don't know how to use the quote button.

I am not sure what about my posts you thought was "super-pedantic," but I certainly don't think it's pedantic to ask that you try to avoid deploying bigotry or offending people for idle kicks.  Get a hobby.

p.s. It's not that hard to fix the quoting.  HTH.

I'm in complete agreement.  It's strange to me that anyone would have so little to do in their life that they would actually find spreading thinly veiled bigotry about the webosphere entertaining.  It's posts like that that really make me feel grateful for my own life.  I can't imagine being that embittered. 

See above.

Also, I like that you're both now resorting to the bigotry/racism angle instead of continuing the fruitless discussion about how great HBCUs are. But, on the up side, it does give us something new to talk about.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2008, 10:25:10 PM »
You didn't have any response to the study I posted detailing the benefits of HBCUs, so I didn't see any reason to continue that aspect of the discussion.  If you actually have something relevant to say, by all means, be my guest.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2008, 12:37:21 AM »
You didn't have any response to the study I posted detailing the benefits of HBCUs, so I didn't see any reason to continue that aspect of the discussion.  If you actually have something relevant to say, by all means, be my guest.

If YOU have anything relevant to say, then fell free to respond to MY post. BTW, your study sucks.

mfs73

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2008, 05:38:59 AM »

I'd advise not even responding to this nit anymore.  It's only enabling him and clearly this is someone that really needs attention and hasn't much to do in life with his time.  Being sensational or "controversial" (NOT) on an online forum is just his way of filling that void and that need for attention...no matter how negative the attention may be.   

Just be glad it's not you in his shoes.  It sounds sad...

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2008, 09:18:43 AM »

If YOU have anything relevant to say, then fell free to respond to MY post. BTW, your study sucks.

You’re going to make a great attorney. “But your honor my opposing counsel facts suck so I won’t bother to address them, I rest my case.”
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2008, 11:05:16 AM »
To the original poster (if you still exist)-

You wanted to know what would be a good historically black college to attend for undergraduate.  I am from Kentucky, and from my (admittedly uninformed) perspective, Howard is the most prestigious historically black school.  When I think of these schools, I consider this the flagship.

Based on everything I have read and studied, undergraduate university isn't terribly important when applying to law school- but it is VERY important to attend an undergraduate university that you love and can grow in.  When you look back years from now and talk about your alma mater, you won't be talking about your law school- you will be talking about the school that you spent four years at and really learned a lot about yourself.  I guess what I am saying is undergrad is way different that law school seems to be; don't base it so much on rankings.  Instead, go to the schools that you are interested in, whether they are historically black or not, and see which one matches you the best.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2008, 12:57:09 AM »

I'd advise not even responding to this nit anymore.  It's only enabling him and clearly this is someone that really needs attention and hasn't much to do in life with his time.  Being sensational or "controversial" (NOT) on an online forum is just his way of filling that void and that need for attention...no matter how negative the attention may be.   

Just be glad it's not you in his shoes.  It sounds sad...

You keep playing ball... I detect a bit of self analysis here.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2008, 01:07:12 AM »

You’re going to make a great attorney. “But your honor my opposing counsel facts suck so I won’t bother to address them, I rest my case.”

If you deserve more analysis, you'll get it. None of you do, so you don't. HTH.

Also, I notice you've made a name change after I started talking *&^% to you. Balls go out non-trad?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2008, 11:59:47 AM »

If you deserve more analysis, you'll get it. None of you do, so you don't. HTH.

Also, I notice you've made a name change after I started talking poo to you. Balls go out non-trad?

Its DocTARday so hence the name change. You should be worried about being a better law student and less of an online prick. When people on the baord like you, then its easier for you to be a douchbag, but your already starting from a hole, so your just going deeper.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.