Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT: Apprehensive about sending in your apps?  (Read 4170 times)

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
ITT: Apprehensive about sending in your apps?
« on: October 14, 2008, 06:17:06 PM »
Send 'em folks!

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: ITT: Apprehensive about sending in your apps?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 06:43:10 PM »
would Johnny Cash let stupid things like typos faze him? I think not. Just send them in.

I was in your place as well. What I did was finish some of the safeties on my list and send them in first. I don't know why it helps, but I guess I felt like I eased my way into the application cycle. After I sent in a couple safeties and the world didn't explode or anything, I felt more confident to send in my reaches.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 06:43:51 PM »
I did the same thing as bloomlaw.

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 10:14:00 PM »
To quote an ad: I am so there

That my recs aren't all in yet (in fact neither of my profs have gotten them in....just my work rec) makes me not feel so guilty about it yet. Once they do...I have no excuse anymore, guess I'll just bite the bullet.
Best of luck to everyone!

SouthernElle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 10:36:41 PM »
I made my poor boyfriend look over every single app I sent out, just to make me a little less anxious about pushing the send button, haha.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 11:40:06 PM »
I made cutesy little folders for each school, with viewbooks, fee waiver letters/emails and space for the printed out application/payment confirmations. It helped me redirect my OCD from the applications, to organization, so I could make myself submit them. :)

God, I'm a freakshow.

SouthernElle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 02:37:39 AM »
well, it helped that one of the first apps I submitted was to his school- the vested interest helps. ;)

If (when) this plan fails, I still have an equally OCD roommate applying to med schools and therefore totally unable to judge these tendencies.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 05:07:48 PM »
I made cutesy little folders for each school, with viewbooks, fee waiver letters/emails and space for the printed out application/payment confirmations. It helped me redirect my OCD from the applications, to organization, so I could make myself submit them. :)

God, I'm a freakshow.

I felt myself getting a bit of a hetero girl crush on you for that.  I'm totally into creating filing systems like that too.  <3

Anyway, yes, I'm feeling that same anxiety except I'm not even letting myself get to the shopping cart yet.  I just keep reformatting information on the damn application itself.  I think my PS is probably overworked to death.  And yet, with each day that passes, I screw myself more.  Applying to law school truly puts you in a love/hate relationship with yourself.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

redcement

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 06:42:31 PM »
I also worried about the order of the documents...I wanted to create a "narrative" with each application as a whole. Fer f#@$'s sake...

And having taken survey of forms classes, I was constantly looking for someone to critique the damn things...

I also have file folders, still incomplete since financial aid docs are not done. And they match the file folders on my desktop...

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 07:54:19 PM »
Aww thanks Bruin Belle!

I totally agree about the love/hate relationship with yourself...sometimes I go back to my applications and chastise myself, even though I've already submitted them and there's nothing I can do. It's so so sad.

You just gotta submit them and kick their 'you-know-whats'.   :D