Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Low ugpa  (Read 2080 times)

waquele20

• View Profile
    • Email
Low ugpa
« on: October 14, 2008, 05:12:29 PM »
I have come to a cross road in my life where I have decided that I want to go attend law school.  I have been contemplating on this issue for a very long time but I have been hesistant to apply due my very very low ugpa.  I suffered froma auto-immune disorder which had adverse affect on me at school..I was on probation and was excluded 2x; however, I received medical attention which allowed me to go back to school and graduate with a B.S. Political Science but my cummulative upa was 2.48 but my major gpa was 2.8.  I then went on to obtain my Master's of which I graduate with a 3.4.  I do understand that law schools does not take into consideration of grad grades so I am stuck :(  I really want to attend law school and I do understand that I have to do very well for the LAST of which I am studying for the Dec test but truthfully speaking do I have a chance?  I have 3 years of work expeirence of which 2 years was with law enforcement and 1 year conducting informal hearings (currently doing).  So, should I pursue law school or let it become a distant memory?

tahimik

• "Down with Shannen Doherty."
    • View Profile
Re: Low ugpa
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 06:24:52 PM »
I'm replying because curiosity is getting the best of me.  Since this post is from October, have you come to a decision?  How do you think you did on the LSAT?  Reply here or PM me.

P.S. The Non-Trad board needs to wake up more often.  Haha!
Signs you are an LSD weirdo:

1. Posting on every single forum.
2. Posting the schools you are attending, will attend or want to attend.

Sucka.

jobq48

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 09:58:37 PM »
I am also interested in how things turned out. Your GPA is obviously going to be a hurdle to overcome. Your almost definately out of t14 but there are a lot of t2 schools that would be willing to trade a bad GPA for a 170+ lsat score

steelerfan82

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 01:03:15 AM »
I'm also interested, but it would depend n your LSAT score.  But even if you don't get a 170 (but above a 160) you'll still have places to go (and I'm not talking about T4 schools either). Aim high obviously, but a 160 or even a 159 is not the end.
GO STEELERS!

Obama2

• Sr. Citizen
  • BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY, Detriot red cleaned up!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 01:52:47 AM »
although your gpa is very low, I am pretty sure with a good Lsat score, an addendum explaining your past illness and how it affected your grades, and a well written personal statment you can get it in somwhere somehow...worse come to worse you can transfer up from a lower ranked school if you are determined law schoos is where you want to be regardless. Be cautioned though, a lot of people go to law school thinking they transfer up easily. It is a very difficult process, so know what yo getting yourself into. But all in all if you really want to go to "any" law school you have a shot with a decent lsat score
Feeling like Detriot Red cleaned up!!