Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help branching out  (Read 1102 times)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help branching out
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 04:02:01 PM »
CU is pretty good. They just built a new building, the school controls the Colorado legal market (and don't let anyone from DU tell you otherwise), it ports well, and Boulder is a really fun town.

God this is just wrong. Have you ever worked in the Denver legal market? There is a saying in Colorado, CU grads get all the kudos DU grads get all the jobs. Colorado Is a good school, but the distance from Denver makes it harder to get internships/clerkships since everything is in Denver (and hence why DU has the advantage). If you go to CU try to live as close to Denver as you can stand, since youíll be doing most everything here. ...

Excellent, I knew I'd bait one of you into a fight. ;)

CU is only like 15 minutes from Denver

Seriously do your ass lips move when you talk out of it? 15 mins? You are starting to annoy me with your know-it-all yet still wrong on everything first semester 1L BS. Do people groan when you raise your hand in class?

I'm been through Denver to Boulder about 100 times, it's like 15-20 minutes. Maybe you drive too damn slow. Thank god CO passed the drive right law.

And you're starting to annoy me with your non-tradness. Deal.

I don't raise my hand. I don't even speak if at all possible in class. But, you're probably too busy gunning to get that.

Dude seriously 15 mins on US 36? You just donít know what the %^&$ you are talking about. And hereís a clue I could not in a gazillion years, with a gun pointed to my head, if it cured AIDS care less about what you think of me. 

I've done the drive, and that's just that. You need to either put the pedal to the metal or get over in the right hand lane.

And I don't know, you seem to be getting pretty offended, but I'd expect that from your type.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 04:08:11 PM »
CU is pretty good. They just built a new building, the school controls the Colorado legal market (and don't let anyone from DU tell you otherwise), it ports well, and Boulder is a really fun town.

God this is just wrong. Have you ever worked in the Denver legal market? There is a saying in Colorado, CU grads get all the kudos DU grads get all the jobs. Colorado Is a good school, but the distance from Denver makes it harder to get internships/clerkships since everything is in Denver (and hence why DU has the advantage). If you go to CU try to live as close to Denver as you can stand, since youíll be doing most everything here. ...

Excellent, I knew I'd bait one of you into a fight. ;)

CU is only like 15 minutes from Denver

Seriously do your ass lips move when you talk out of it? 15 mins? You are starting to annoy me with your know-it-all yet still wrong on everything first semester 1L BS. Do people groan when you raise your hand in class?

I'm been through Denver to Boulder about 100 times, it's like 15-20 minutes. Maybe you drive too damn slow. Thank god CO passed the drive right law.

And you're starting to annoy me with your non-tradness. Deal.

I don't raise my hand. I don't even speak if at all possible in class. But, you're probably too busy gunning to get that.

Dude seriously 15 mins on US 36? You just donít know what the %^&$ you are talking about. And hereís a clue I could not in a gazillion years, with a gun pointed to my head, if it cured AIDS care less about what you think of me. 

I've done the drive, and that's just that. You need to either put the pedal to the metal or get over in the right hand lane.

And I don't know, you seem to be getting pretty offended, but I'd expect that from your type.

Dude you even suck at interweb come backs

*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

redstone

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 01:13:56 AM »

Arizona is in Tuscan, not a big city, Arizona State is in Phoenix which is a big city. All of those schools are regional so expect to stay there after school. If you have T14 numbers you should get a close full ride at any of those three especially if your instate.

Actually, I live in Tucson now and as a city of 1M people, it's not bad.  I'm from a small town.  Hopefully a full ride is in the cards from one of the afore mentioned, although I'd prefer UW I think based on its general character.  U of A's not bad, either.  Phoenix, by the way, is a dump.

Also, tough luck OP on the thread crapping.

thanks, bot, for your condolences.  I was excited to see I had a bunch of replies to this post and naively thought it would be relevant and helpful.

Also, Matthies, you're kind of a d-bag.  Picking fights over driving times to the point of hyperbole about AIDS and guns?  Come on.

redcement

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 09:01:35 AM »
OP--

If you want to go into public interest law, why don't you consider a state school in a region you want to practice in? It's cheaper to begin with, and if you have great numbers, you'll get scholarships too.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 11:34:01 AM »

Arizona is in Tuscan, not a big city, Arizona State is in Phoenix which is a big city. All of those schools are regional so expect to stay there after school. If you have T14 numbers you should get a close full ride at any of those three especially if your instate.

Actually, I live in Tucson now and as a city of 1M people, it's not bad.  I'm from a small town.  Hopefully a full ride is in the cards from one of the afore mentioned, although I'd prefer UW I think based on its general character.  U of A's not bad, either.  Phoenix, by the way, is a dump.

thanks, bot, for your condolences.  I was excited to see I had a bunch of replies to this post and naively thought it would be relevant and helpful.

Also, Matthies, you're kind of a d-bag.  Picking fights over driving times to the point of hyperbole about AIDS and guns?  Come on.

Thanks!
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 03:00:55 PM »

No *&^%, right?

Old man drives too slow and acts like that's the same speed everyone else drives at.

I've also made it from Boulder to Colorado Springs in just over an hour, and I KNOW Mapquest won't tell you that's how long it takes.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.