Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Putting Some Fire Under His Behind....Professionally  (Read 919 times)

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Putting Some Fire Under His Behind....Professionally
« on: October 13, 2008, 04:24:38 PM »
Ok, so I have both of my other recommendations in from people who I submitted information/requests to in September.  I asked for information from my third professor in August.  I even sent a "reminder" in mid September in the form of an update telling all of them about the fax number.  As I have said, two letters have since been submitted.  I'm trying to get my apps in before my score is posted so that the report will be the last thing submitted to make my app complete.  It is almost mid-October (two months from the time I submitted my request to him) and his letter still has not been submitted.  How do I "nicely" prod him to get it together lol.

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
Re: Putting Some Fire Under His Behind....Professionally
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 04:28:08 PM »
Ok, so I have both of my other recommendations in from people who I submitted information/requests to in September.  I asked for information from my third professor in August.  I even sent a "reminder" in mid September in the form of an update telling all of them about the fax number.  As I have said, two letters have since been submitted.  I'm trying to get my apps in before my score is posted so that the report will be the last thing submitted to make my app complete.  It is almost mid-October (two months from the time I submitted my request to him) and his letter still has not been submitted.  How do I "nicely" prod him to get it together lol.

You could tell him that you've heard that LSDAS sometimes has a problem with putting LOR's with the right files, and that you'd appreciate it if he would let you know when he has sent his letter so you can follow up with them.  (That's what I had to do with one of my recommenders). That way he knows you're watching and waiting, and perhaps he'll be a little quicker with it.

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 08:13:38 PM »

You could tell him that you've heard that LSDAS sometimes has a problem with putting LOR's with the right files, and that you'd appreciate it if he would let you know when he has sent his letter so you can follow up with them.  (That's what I had to do with one of my recommenders). That way he knows you're watching and waiting, and perhaps he'll be a little quicker with it.

Done. We'll see what happens.

Thanks.

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 03:19:40 PM »
So apparently he faxed it after receiving my second email back in September.  I'm so glad that I sent a follow up.