Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: October LSAT Fee waivers and when to apply  (Read 501 times)

wonderwall

• View Profile
October LSAT Fee waivers and when to apply
« on: October 12, 2008, 02:37:28 AM »
Hey, I was wondering about when the fee waivers could be expected to start coming for the October LSAT (score release date is Oct 27th)?

I was hoping to have my applications complete by Nov 1. But, considering what my score is, I was wondering if I might want to wait a bit for a waiver (depending on how long that wait period might be). Also, I'm thinking I should get somewhere between a 165-168, would I even get many fee waivers with that score? Do all schools give them out for certain ranges? Or is it just some schools that send them out depending on your score (and I'd assume whether they want to increase application numbers)?

I'm applying to a range of rankings (example in Chicago)- Uchicago, Northwestern, U of I, Kent, DePaul, Loyola (free on LSAC though)

Information appreciated. Thanks :)

cherries

• View Profile
Re: October LSAT Fee waivers and when to apply
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 03:24:47 AM »
Columbia Law School, Class of 2012!

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: October LSAT Fee waivers and when to apply
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 09:42:59 AM »
Hey, I was wondering about when the fee waivers could be expected to start coming for the October LSAT (score release date is Oct 27th)?

I was hoping to have my applications complete by Nov 1. But, considering what my score is, I was wondering if I might want to wait a bit for a waiver (depending on how long that wait period might be). Also, I'm thinking I should get somewhere between a 165-168, would I even get many fee waivers with that score? Do all schools give them out for certain ranges? Or is it just some schools that send them out depending on your score (and I'd assume whether they want to increase application numbers)?

I'm applying to a range of rankings (example in Chicago)- Uchicago, Northwestern, U of I, Kent, DePaul, Loyola (free on LSAC though)

Information appreciated. Thanks :)

With a 167 and a bad GPA I've gotten a lot of fee waivers.  The highest ranked school was WUSTL and the lowest was probably University St. Thomas with a lot in between - Miami, Alabama, Houston, Minnesota.