Law School Discussion

« on: October 10, 2008, 10:54:47 PM »

jacy85

• View Profile
Re: What's the typical timeframe between the calback and the offer?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 05:52:22 AM »
I don't think there's really a "typical" timeframe anymore, thanks to the change in NALP rules.  Firms (at least mine) is giving out fewer offers at a time, and applicants are holding offers longer (until the end of the 45 day period) because they're waiting for other firms before releasing offers.  It seems to be causing a huge traffic jam.

I perhaps wouldn't get my hopes up, simply because it's kind of late in the game, and many firms are taking smaller classes.  I don't know that I'd assume the worst yet, either.  Offers are still going out as 45 day deadlines pass.

Drew P. Bottom

• You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 02:58:01 PM »
Hmm.  Thanks.. no mail today, so a little over two weeks.  Sent an email of continued interest over the weekend without a response.  It's just very interesting to me.  Two of my callbacks took 4 weeks to reject me, but they occurred very early in the cycle (September 1st-ish). 

Could it be a lot of firms are holding off on rejecting people in the event that other offers are rejected or the 45 days expire?

I've read a lot about that on these boards, but have yet to talk to a single person who it actually happened to them. (School or here). Though I'm sure there's an exception.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 12:43:32 PM »
Xerofactor, any reply? I am in a similar situation with a NJ firm. Four weeks since call back, thank you sent immediately, follow-up continued interest e-mail 2 weeks later, with no response. I am pouncing at the mailbox...at lease have the decency to give a rejection.

RUMike

• I switched it up with a self tar.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mike101985
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 03:46:35 PM »
I am also waiting for an NJ firm...my interview was first week of September. Thank yous, emails...and nada