Author Topic: ...  (Read 2138 times)

zerofact0r

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« on: October 11, 2008, 12:54:47 AM »

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: What's the typical timeframe between the calback and the offer?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 07:52:22 AM »
I don't think there's really a "typical" timeframe anymore, thanks to the change in NALP rules.  Firms (at least mine) is giving out fewer offers at a time, and applicants are holding offers longer (until the end of the 45 day period) because they're waiting for other firms before releasing offers.  It seems to be causing a huge traffic jam.

I perhaps wouldn't get my hopes up, simply because it's kind of late in the game, and many firms are taking smaller classes.  I don't know that I'd assume the worst yet, either.  Offers are still going out as 45 day deadlines pass.

Drew P. Bottom

• Sr. Citizen
  • You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 04:58:01 PM »
Hmm.  Thanks.. no mail today, so a little over two weeks.  Sent an email of continued interest over the weekend without a response.  It's just very interesting to me.  Two of my callbacks took 4 weeks to reject me, but they occurred very early in the cycle (September 1st-ish). 

Could it be a lot of firms are holding off on rejecting people in the event that other offers are rejected or the 45 days expire?

I've read a lot about that on these boards, but have yet to talk to a single person who it actually happened to them. (School or here). Though I'm sure there's an exception.
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -- James Madison

hobo921

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 02:43:32 PM »
Xerofactor, any reply? I am in a similar situation with a NJ firm. Four weeks since call back, thank you sent immediately, follow-up continued interest e-mail 2 weeks later, with no response. I am pouncing at the mailbox...at lease have the decency to give a rejection.

RUMike

• Sr. Citizen
  • I switched it up with a self tar.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mike101985
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 05:46:35 PM »
I am also waiting for an NJ firm...my interview was first week of September. Thank yous, emails...and nada