Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Senior Year Grades  (Read 3959 times)

destijl

• View Profile
Senior Year Grades
« on: October 10, 2008, 02:34:24 PM »
Does LSAC or do law schools require you to submit your first and second semester senior year grades if you've already applied but are still completing your undergraduate education? 

I'm graduating a semester early so I'm already suffering from senioritis and knowing if they looked at those grades will either a) motivate me to get back on track or b)ease my mind about getting a ton of B+s this semester.

Thanks 

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Senior Year Grades
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 02:41:51 PM »
How hard would it have been for you to check the law schools' instructions? Seriously. For the most part, YES, schools want updates. If they don't specify it, that doesn't mean they don't want one.

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 03:33:01 PM »
My apologies. It's tough to be patient with people who go to public internet forums before they go to the primary source, and then expect not to get some attitude.

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 04:48:58 PM »
My apologies. It's tough to be patient with people who go to public internet forums before they go to the primary source, and then expect not to get some attitude.

You're surprised that someone who needs an excuse to actually work in their senior year is being a bit lazy about looking for information?   :o

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

booyakasha45

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 05:13:52 PM »
You might find yourself needing to apply to schools after first semester. A sudden GPA decrease after 3 years of good grades just makes you look lazy, unmotivated, and kind of immature. You're basically telling them that you aren't that serious about getting into law school, and that you might not have the work ethic to do well there.

Also, schools that have not yet made a decision with an application will see your grades. If they are markedly lower than your previous grades, you're probably going lose out on some acceptances you would have had were you not lazy and apathetic.

If you really care about going to law school, then don't screw up your last semester at college. This just seems obvious to me.

SilenceSeaAndSky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 02:31:15 AM »
PSUFlaw,

You are so quick to make inferences based on other's written questions.  How do you know that the OP had not previously found this information on several law school's websites, but was so concerned that he decided to seek corroboration by posting on this site?
It sounds silly, but it happens.  I try always to give people the benefit of the doubt; it's a good habit.  That being said, I'm not under denigrating motherfuckers who respond acrimoniously to my posts, such as the one you responded to earlier this week.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 02:35:00 AM »
This is all hilarious, considering the overwhelming emphasis that law schools place on first-year grades and the fact that your 3L grades rarely, if ever, matter.

Who the hell are they to fault someone for slacking off their senior year?

ETA: Huzzah, Silence showed up!  I can now take comfort in the fact that although I'm still not done with this damned paper, at least I can turn it in tomorrow confident that I haven't comically misused a word like "denigrate."
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 02:35:52 AM »
Oh God.  I missed the PSU[FLAW] in Silence's post.  That's too f-ing cute.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

pig floyd

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 03:45:08 AM »
ETA: Huzzah, Silence showed up!  I can now take comfort in the fact that although I'm still not done with this damned paper, at least I can turn it in tomorrow confident that I haven't comically misused a word like "denigrate."

"harmful and often untrue; tending to discredit or malign"

Usage:

"I'm not under denigrating motherfuckers..."

Translation:

"I'm not beneath maligning motherfuckers..."

Makes sense to me.

:P
I hate science because I refuse to assume that a discipline based in large part on the continual scrapping and renewal of ideas is unconditionally correct in a given area.

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 09:56:07 PM »
PSUFlaw,

You are so quick to make inferences based on other's written questions.  How do you know that the OP had not previously found this information on several law school's websites, but was so concerned that he decided to seek corroboration by posting on this site?
It sounds silly, but it happens.  I try always to give people the benefit of the doubt; it's a good habit.  That being said, I'm not under denigrating motherfuckers who respond acrimoniously to my posts, such as the one you responded to earlier this week.

Aha! ha ha ha. OP's still lazy.