Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Aspiring to go to HARVARD LAW!!!!  (Read 12485 times)

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Aspiring to go to HARVARD LAW!!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 04:33:45 PM »
lol.  Just out of curiosity, have you met any from YLS?

shana2077

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 04:35:23 PM »
I am determined to attend Harvard Law School. There is no other school that I would rather be. My only huge concern is the LSAT. I have a 3.5 GPA, which means I would have to score at least a 170 on the LSAT to be competitive. I know that it is possible if I remain diligent and optimistic. I am about to embark on a 6 month study plan to prepare for the June 2009 LSAT.

I just wanted to know is there any one out there aiming for a 170 and aiming to get into HARVARD LAW? If so, how are you going about achieving it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I aimed for and surpassed a 170 but wanting to go to Harvard Law is a separate issue. In my experience, both Harvard and Yale have a higher ratio of insufferable elitists compared to other top colleges. With that said, I'll be applying to Harvard anyway only because my mother was aghast at the thought of me not applying. Black male here.

How long did you study to reach your score?

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2008, 05:09:30 PM »
I am determined to attend Harvard Law School. There is no other school that I would rather be. My only huge concern is the LSAT. I have a 3.5 GPA, which means I would have to score at least a 170 on the LSAT to be competitive. I know that it is possible if I remain diligent and optimistic. I am about to embark on a 6 month study plan to prepare for the June 2009 LSAT.

I just wanted to know is there any one out there aiming for a 170 and aiming to get into HARVARD LAW? If so, how are you going about achieving it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Yeah, if you want to get into Harvard, aim to get into Yale. If you get into Yale then you'll probably be a shoo in at Harvard.
YLS c/o 2009

shana2077

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2008, 05:14:16 PM »

Thanks!

Yeah, if you want to get into Harvard, aim to get into Yale. If you get into Yale then you'll probably be a shoo in at Harvard.

Thanks for the advice...I will definitely aim for Yale too.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2008, 05:18:22 PM »

Thanks!

Although then she probably won't go to Harvard ;)

But yes, aiming for Yale should set you up for Harvard, even if you don't get into Yale.

Sambamc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2008, 05:34:02 PM »

Thanks!

I aimed for and surpassed a 170 but wanting to go to Harvard Law is a separate issue. In my experience, both Harvard and Yale have a higher ratio of insufferable elitists compared to other top colleges. With that said, I'll be applying to Harvard anyway only because my mother was aghast at the thought of me not applying. Black male here.

How long did you study to reach your score?

I bought and completed most of the 10 Actual Official LSAT PrepTests book. The tests I did made me realize that my weakness was in logic games so I then bought the Logic Games Bible and worked my way through it. I also got several other books as hand-me-downs from other paralegals which I often worked on during my lunch breaks. So overall, probably between 20-40 hours of study over about two months? In all honesty, my high school taught me little more than how to do well on standardized tests. Going into the LSAT that was probably my biggest advantage so take my study schedule with a grain of salt.

GoneBabyGone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 04:02:45 PM »

Thanks!

We have a very similar GPA and my LSAT is 175+.

I am a black male applying this cycle.

I will keep you posted.

GoneBabyGone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 04:04:02 PM »

Thanks!

We have a very similar GPA and my LSAT is 175+.

I am a black male applying this cycle.

I will keep you posted.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 04:53:43 PM »

Thanks!

hmmm...you sound kind of insufferable yourself, to be honest.  Don't apply to CLS.
Columbia 3L

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 07:33:58 PM »
:D