Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Aspiring to go to HARVARD LAW!!!!  (Read 12369 times)

TimMitchell

Re: Aspiring to go to HARVARD LAW!!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 04:06:57 PM »
The OP obviously has a rather poor understanding of the LSAT's curve.

1) Blue is right, nobody actually gives two shits about a 170. 

2) However, the LSAT is on a curve where one's score equals their performance relative to others.

3) Thus, you are actually weighted by your performance and then the score is assigned.

4) Therefore, even though nobody wants a 170, somebody has to get it.  Think about it this way, somebody has to finish at the very top even if they weren't intending to.

5) Those lucky ducks.

6) I outlined this so the OP would get it.

I'm not sure that a NUMBERED LIST was appropriate for your POST

shana2077

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 04:48:50 PM »
To inform you all I am an URM.From the research that I have done many students have made it into Harvard with my numbers.My mentor, who graduated from Yale University, got into Yale with a 165 lsat and a 3.7 G.P.A.

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 04:53:57 PM »
To inform you all I am an URM.From the research that I have done many students have made it into Harvard with my numbers.My mentor, who graduated from Yale University, got into Yale with a 165 lsat and a 3.7 G.P.A.

Then you've got a shot, depending on what kind of URM you are. Unfortunately, they're given a huge leg up in the process.

shana2077

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 04:57:50 PM »
I'm a African-American female with tons of ambition :)

Legally Brown "Sugah"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 06:03:55 PM »
OP, I'm sorry these people are being jerks. To answer your question, no one on here want to go to HARVARD. They're simply not motivated enough. That said, 170 is pretty high. Most people aim for 169 tops.

;)

::amused::

Welcome to the jerk club  ;D

Seriously though OP, I think as an African American female, if you happen to hit that 170 (or even higher, and perhaps slightly lower), you may have a good shot at Harvard.  You have a pretty good gpa and obviously the drive, so make sure that shines through in your app and really kill the LSAT and you will probably have a ton of good options, including Harvard.  Good luck.

Sambamc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 03:46:20 PM »
I am determined to attend Harvard Law School. There is no other school that I would rather be. My only huge concern is the LSAT. I have a 3.5 GPA, which means I would have to score at least a 170 on the LSAT to be competitive. I know that it is possible if I remain diligent and optimistic. I am about to embark on a 6 month study plan to prepare for the June 2009 LSAT.

I just wanted to know is there any one out there aiming for a 170 and aiming to get into HARVARD LAW? If so, how are you going about achieving it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I aimed for and surpassed a 170 but wanting to go to Harvard Law is a separate issue. In my experience, both Harvard and Yale have a higher ratio of insufferable elitists compared to other top colleges. With that said, I'll be applying to Harvard anyway only because my mother was aghast at the thought of me not applying. Black male here.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 03:50:05 PM »
In my experience, both Harvard and Yale have a higher ratio of insufferable elitists

I've found that 99% of people who say this are insufferable themselves.

Sambamc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 04:09:19 PM »
In my experience, both Harvard and Yale have a higher ratio of insufferable elitists

I've found that 99% of people who say this are insufferable themselves.

I'm part of that 1% made up of genuinely pleasant people who became biased by sitting in rooms with Harvard graduates and hearing such things as "You should really go to Harvard if you can just to see what it's like to be at the top."

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 04:18:28 PM »
First, there are douchebags everywhere.  I've met some from schools that are just barely ranked.  Second, how does this relate to Yale? (really the only reason I replied)

Sambamc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 04:32:15 PM »
First, there are douchebags everywhere.  I've met some from schools that are just barely ranked.  Second, how does this relate to Yale? (really the only reason I replied)

Fair enough. There are many institutions that I do not think favorably of due to interactions with their douchebags. OP started a thread about Harvard so I shared my feelings about Harvard. I retract all statements made about Yale until such a time as someone starts a thread about whether anyone knows insufferable jerks from Yale.