Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Aspiring to go to HARVARD LAW!!!!  (Read 12560 times)

shana2077

• View Profile
Aspiring to go to HARVARD LAW!!!!
« on: October 10, 2008, 11:35:34 AM »
I am determined to attend Harvard Law School. There is no other school that I would rather be. My only huge concern is the LSAT. I have a 3.5 GPA, which means I would have to score at least a 170 on the LSAT to be competitive. I know that it is possible if I remain diligent and optimistic. I am about to embark on a 6 month study plan to prepare for the June 2009 LSAT.

I just wanted to know is there any one out there aiming for a 170 and aiming to get into HARVARD LAW? If so, how are you going about achieving it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

TimMitchell

Re: Aspiring to go to HARVARD LAW!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 11:38:13 AM »
HARVARD LAW

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 12:50:54 PM »
I CAN'T CONTROL THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE!!
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 12:57:10 PM »
OP, I'm sorry these people are being jerks. To answer your question, no one on here want to go to HARVARD. They're simply not motivated enough. That said, 170 is pretty high. Most people aim for 169 tops.

;)

::amused::
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 01:12:28 PM »
There is no other school that I would rather be.

:D
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 01:25:04 PM »
Wasn't the funniest part of this post the idea that a 170 will get someone into Harvard?

But yea, sorry OP.  We're all having a lot of fun at your expense.  We're nice - I swear. 

I would recommend looking around at the info on the 'Studying for the LSAT' board.  A lot of people have written really informative posts about prepping for the LSAT.  I think 6 months is enough time for almost anyone to get a 170 if you study diligently throughout that time.  Get the powerscore bibles (I suggest all three).  Also, get yourself the 10 more actual, official LSAT preptests book, the next 10 actual, offical LSAT preptests book, and preptests #39-55 (we just took #55 last weekend, so it will not be available for a few months).  That should be enough study material to get a 180. 

I have a practically flawless Reading Comp. bible that I'll let go for $30.  There are no pencil marks or anything.  I basically skimmed 3 chapters, since I picked it up 2 weeks before I wrote the October LSAT (the book just came out).  PM me if you want it.  We can do something through paypal or what not.

Earlcat is the resident LSAT guru.  He has a lot of good information.  HLSHopeful also has great posts re: the LSAT.  Take a dianostic test to see where you're at, and go from there.

Good luck.  If I thought that Harvard would let me mop their floors I would consider applying.  I'll most likely be spending my hard earned lawyer money trying to get my kid into Harvard so that I can live vicariously through her/him.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 01:35:27 PM »
We should keep in mind that OP is probably a URM, and thus the 170 isn't as ridiculous as it might seem.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 01:38:35 PM »
Comotellamas, legit good advice. Way to rise above :D
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 02:58:46 PM »
We should keep in mind that OP is probably a URM, and thus the 170 isn't as ridiculous as it might seem.

Good call.