Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Aspiring to go to HARVARD LAW!!!!  (Read 12811 times)

summertimechi

• View Profile
Re: Aspiring to go to HARVARD LAW!!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2008, 01:59:36 PM »
I am determined to attend Harvard Law School. There is no other school that I would rather be. My only huge concern is the LSAT. I have a 3.5 GPA, which means I would have to score at least a 170 on the LSAT to be competitive. I know that it is possible if I remain diligent and optimistic. I am about to embark on a 6 month study plan to prepare for the June 2009 LSAT.

I just wanted to know is there any one out there aiming for a 170 and aiming to get into HARVARD LAW? If so, how are you going about achieving it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I aimed for and surpassed a 170 but wanting to go to Harvard Law is a separate issue. In my experience, both Harvard and Yale have a higher ratio of insufferable elitists compared to other top colleges. With that said, I'll be applying to Harvard anyway only because my mother was aghast at the thought of me not applying. Black male here.

hmmm...you sound kind of insufferable yourself, to be honest.  Don't apply to CLS.

i lol'ed  : ;D

ivyleagueA1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 01:55:54 PM »
i have dreamed of going to harvard law school or any ivy league. but mostly harvard. and right now i am a freshman. do you have a chance of going to harvard if you mess up your freshman year but do good all other three years?

StonewallJacksonFan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 03:04:50 PM »
Freshman courses are very easy, if you messed up them you will need to really hunker down for the rest of college.
Harvard gets 1000s of apps from people with 4.0 GPA.  You can calculate your GPA if you get straight As from now on.  It will not be 4.0 for sure.  Have you tried taking LSAT? Median LSAT at Harvard is 175.  The question is if you will be able to do similarly.  But being black is a huge plus though, and may mitigate GPA or LSAT.  Harvard is a really long shot though, espiially if you started your college with Ds and Cs...

LSAC2010

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
I am a brown student. Where should I aspire to go? Please advice a brown color student.