Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Questions re: Cornell App.  (Read 619 times)

augusta

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Questions re: Cornell App.
« on: October 10, 2008, 10:37:07 AM »
I think there is a thread asking a similar question, but I can't find it right now.

1) For all documents (this is actually not a Cornell-specific question) there is a line at the bottom where you are to sign your name. However, there is no way for you to type anything on that line. ?? If app is submitted via LSAC, which I thought all typically were, what are you supposed to do, short of printing the page off and submitting the hard-copy?

2) Letters of Rec forms: Is this optional, in that LORs submitted to LSAC will be judged equally? Or will the adcomms be irked that the form wasn't used..?
3.67/Oct. LSAT

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Questions re: Cornell App.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 11:16:40 AM »
You don't actually sign your name, but just write the date, which counts as your electronic signature.

I don't know about the Cornell LOR form though. One of the reasons I didn't apply to Cornell was because it seemed like there were too many flaming hoops to jump through.

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 11:50:37 AM »
You don't actually sign your name, but just write the date, which counts as your electronic signature.

I don't know about the Cornell LOR form though. One of the reasons I didn't apply to Cornell was because it seemed like there were too many flaming hoops to jump through.

That makes two of us- I was all set to apply to Cornell.  Then I look at the application, and, even though I was dreading it, I still figured I would apply.  Then I found out about all the different LOR stuff and the Dean's Cerification- there is no way I am wasting so much time on a school when they weren't on my radar before the fee waiver.  Bad move, Cornell- make it easy.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

blueskies6

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueskies6/jd
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 11:53:10 AM »
You don't need to use their lor forms. It says that in the application instructions.  Also fyi, most schools require a deans cert once you decide to go, Cornell (among other schools) just does it earlier in the process.
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 12:44:26 PM »
I just don't like that they are making you do all of this stuff up front.  Yeah, I will have to send a Dean's Cert. to one school, but these are kind of a hassle to get(at least in my department at my school), and, to me anyway, it isn't worth the trouble to bother with getting one for a school I realistically won't attend.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

augusta

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 12:55:26 PM »
Thanks, all.
3.67/Oct. LSAT