Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Who's attending Spring '09  (Read 4012 times)

gbekaryan

• View Profile
Who's attending Spring '09
« on: October 09, 2008, 01:03:37 PM »
Hey everyone,

I got into Cal Western for the Spring class and was just wondering who else will be attending? How are you going to be going about getting a place to stay? Are you moving or a native of S.D.? I live in L.A. but my girlfriend use to live in S.D. and when I drove down the first time i decided then that I had to live, work and spend the rest of my life here.

I was a little suprised, i got my acceptance letter (in a small envelope) 4 days after getting my letter stating that i went complete.

I would just like to at least know of one other before I get there for orientation?

Corvette Diner kicks effin a**.

EricL

• View Profile
Re: Who's attending Spring '09
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 01:45:22 PM »
Hey, I'll be attending Spring '09 as well. I too thought it was weird when I received a puny envelope with a single page telling me of my acceptance. Right now I'm looking for places on craigslist that is cheap and is close to school (oxymoron? lol).

We're actually in similar shoes because I'm from LA too and my gf is also from SD. I'm still waiting to hear back from the school to schedule a tour and orientation.

epmarkus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 02:37:56 AM »
What's up y'all,

I'm just finishing up my 1L at CW... I'm from LA too and came here straight out of undergrad. If you have any questions about anything going on at school, I'd be more than happy to help you any way I can. As far as living and other essentials are concerned, shoot me an email and i can go into more depth with you all. ericpmarkus@gmail.com

Oh, and don't buy into all the BS about job struggles etc. ALL of my friends have good jobs this summer and we all got several interviews. People talk a lot... and regardless, SD is the *&^%. The quality of life here is incredible all things considered...

But back to my actual response... yeah, just shoot me an email with any questions or concerns.

cconnoll

• AOL Instant Messenger - tgrdbsktprep31
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 03:29:21 PM »
1) i am looking to spend about 1,000 a month for an condo/apt for 36 months (if i stay @ cal western for  3 years). any chance i should try to gear that 36000 (plus rent money my gf throws down) on some kind of real estate in the SD market. foreclosed, condos, small houses, iv found some interesting deals on craigslist ranging between 60,000 and 120,000

2) how/ what can i study now to be @ the top of my class. i really want to excel, i have a 3.2m but there's no reason i couldn't have had a 4.0 here @ under-grad. I have read law school confidential and getting to maybe, and i am now starting to read E&E's religiously. glannon. anything I can do to excel?

3) voice recorders ok in class? i bought a program for my blackberry to record professor lectures so i could easily comeback to them on the weekends/before finals

4) transfer potential? top 10% of my class? i love san diego, its just that top-law-schools has instilled in me that a t4 graduate isnt *&^%, and no biglaw could ever await me......? I know that alot of this is just that, *&^% talking, however, can you give me a realistic look @ what an top 10% of your class graduate can be offered by firms as an graduating 3L

5) any scholarship money im not thinking about that I should be? white, male, 23

6) do alot of 1L's skip class and take law school with the same approach that frosh do for undergrad. or, since cal western is a T4, is there an abundance of competititon as many are looking to transfer after 1L

7) what is the feel of the campus? school? surrounding area? im very into 'yuppu' , 'preppy', 'upper class suburbab feel' to the city in which Im going to be living in. Eugene here in oregon is NOT that place. I really liked ASU for these reasons. can you give me any feedback about Cal Western?

cconnoll

• AOL Instant Messenger - tgrdbsktprep31
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 12:02:20 AM »
any more thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.  :)