Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Prepping for a Non-OCI biglaw interview?  (Read 3382 times)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Prepping for a Non-OCI biglaw interview?
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 01:07:20 PM »
Matthies, were those firms Vault100, Amlaw250 or unranked?

To be honest with you I have no idea. I have never even looked at the Vault 100 or AmLaw 250, I would not even know where to find the list. It was just never a concern of mine at all. I do know that both firms had over 500 lawyers in several states, so they were ďbig law.Ē And they were both in the top five largest firms in Denver. But other than that I donít know what national rankings were. I only cared that they had my very limited practice area (like maybe 200 people do it in my state and only half the states even have the practice area), I wonít practice law if its not doing X, so that was my only concern in getting these jobs. I have, and will turn down very lucrative offers because they were not my practice area of choice. Iíll go back to being a slumlord before Iíll do corp., tax, finance, or banking whatever no matter the size or pay of the firm, so I pay attention to if they have my field and nothing much else.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Salamon26

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 07:35:36 PM »
***Post Inteview Update******

The interviewer told me that they can't hire someone from a tier 2 school as a summer associate and are only taking people from Harvard type places, and have cut the number of summer associates they have in half compared to other years  :-[  He said I can use him as a reference though and since I am friends with his friend (my contact), he will try to give my resume to other firms, which may come in handy hopefully?  Oh well back to networking.

BTW where can I find Matthies networking tips? thanks

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 10:51:06 AM »
***Post Inteview Update******

The interviewer told me that they can't hire someone from a tier 2 school as a summer associate and are only taking people from Harvard type places, and have cut the number of summer associates they have in half compared to other years  :-[  He said I can use him as a reference though and since I am friends with his friend (my contact), he will try to give my resume to other firms, which may come in handy hopefully?  Oh well back to networking.

BTW where can I find Matthies networking tips? thanks

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,4013253.0.html
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Drew P. Bottom

• Sr. Citizen
  • You do not understand the power of the dark side.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2008, 12:53:39 AM »
I don't understand why they interviewed you.

But I had an interview (On campus) during my 2L year where the interviewer, at the end, said "We're not hiring 2Ls."

SO WHY DID YOU ASK FOR APPLICATIONS FROM THEM?  ??? ???
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." -- James Madison