Law School Discussion

Did you watch the debate?

Elephant Lee

• Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
Re: Did you watch the debate?
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 06:48:41 AM »
Well, my theory was that most people watch it out of a dubious sense of civic duty and/or a sports fan's desire to see his/her team win. Isn't that exciting?

Carry on.

non parata est

• buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 09:06:58 AM »
I watched it because I'm still undecided, and hoped to learn more about each side's policy goals.

I was wrong.

Elephant Lee

• Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 09:19:57 AM »
Heh.

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 09:48:04 AM »
Well, my theory was that most people watch it out of a dubious sense of civic duty and/or a sports fan's desire to see his/her team win. Isn't that exciting?

Carry on.

Same reason I watched the LOTR movies: Golem is adorable.

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 10:54:23 AM »
gollum?

mccain reminds me of little of gollum.

my SO and i both winced at mccain going over and patting the navy chief on the back...can you GET any more insincere.  gah.

i've already seen it like 4 times on the news this morning, and i throw up in my mouth a little more each time.  pretty soon it will be full-fledged projectile vomiting.

his voice makes me crazy.  my SO said she is surprised he doesnt "shuffle across the stage like he's late to the center's bingo night"

obama had way too many "ums, ahs, ers..." for my liking.  i despise verbal pauses.  and, in some cases, it was obvious he had no idea what question was being asked, and that made us wince as well.  and for god's sake, its NOT PAWK-ISTAWN, its freakin' PACK-ISTAN.  and i really don't care what the dictionary says, should i be wrong.

we now return to our regularly scheduled snarkisms.

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 11:40:29 AM »
gollum?

my SO and i both winced at mccain going over and patting the navy chief on the back...can you GET any more insincere.  gah.

i've already seen it like 4 times on the news this morning, and i throw up in my mouth a little more each time.  pretty soon it will be full-fledged projectile vomiting.

his voice makes me crazy.  my SO said she is surprised he doesnt "shuffle across the stage like he's late to the center's bingo night"

obama had way too many "ums, ahs, ers..." for my liking.  i despise verbal pauses.  and, in some cases, it was obvious he had no idea what question was being asked, and that made us wince as well.  and for god's sake, its NOT PAWK-ISTAWN, its freakin' PACK-ISTAN.  and i really don't care what the dictionary says, should i be wrong.

And this is Amurrikah, right?

Dude, you can't fault him for speaking correctly. Well you could, but it would be a male private part move.

non parata est

• buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 11:47:57 AM »
I watched it because I'm still undecided, and hoped to learn more about each side's policy goals.

I was wrong.

non pareta est, which way are you leaning?

I'm leaning Obama at this point, and I think I'll probably stick with that inclination, but we'll have to see. 

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 11:52:30 AM »
gollum?

And this is Amurrikah, right?

Dude, you can't fault him for speaking correctly. Well you could, but it would be a male private part move.

sorry, i'm watching my favorite football team, the green bay pawkers.

or i would be able to, but for that pawk of dogs barking outside my window.  makes me afraid to walk down to the store to get a pawk of cigarettes.

no, i cant fault him, but since regularly accepted usage is different, i can certainly mock him.  i'm gonna vote for him, and i even gave him money and never got my damned t-shirt, so i can CERTAINLY mock him.

eta:  i'm not a dude.

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 12:18:56 PM »
I'm surprised that blue warrior guy isn't on here yet.  I see him creepin on every politics board talking about how obama is bringing the apocalypse.

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 12:20:08 PM »
I'm surprised that blue warrior guy isn't on here yet.  I see him creepin on every politics board talking about how obama is bringing the apocalypse.

shhhhhhh!!!!!

beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!